programmer tool???

Hi again guys ok so i was given 3 old playstation 1s today and was told that 1 of them was chipped
i couldnt be botherd to get all my stuff out to test them so i started taking them apart to find the chipped one
ok so i came across the last playstation and well...
it says that its a debugging station not a playstation the model number is DTL-H1102
is is dark blue in color and has a strange 12 volt power connector and has a pal sticker
on the top right

also the only english on the back is in the top section the rest appears to be japanese or mandarin or whatever soooooooooo am i rich??? lol

only joking but i have never come across this before could you guys help me out ?? should i mod it or sell it lol there is one on ebay buy it now at 349.99 that cant be true right??

That is a rare dev model. From Wikipedia:
Another version that was colored blue (as opposed to regular console units that were grey in color) was available to game developers and select press. Later versions of this were colored green—on a technical level, these units were almost identical to the retail units, but had a different CD controller in them that did not require the region code found on all pressed disks, since they were intended to be used with CD-R media for debugging. This also allowed the use of discs from different regions, but this was not officially supported; different debug stations existed for each region. The two different color cases were not cosmetic—the original blue debug station (DTL-H100x, DTL-H110x) contained "Revision B" silicon, the same as the early retail units (these units had silicon errata that needed software workarounds), the green units (DTL-H120x) had Rev. C hardware. As part of the required tests, the user had to test the title on both. Contrary to popular belief, the RAM was the same as the retail units at 2 MB. The firmware was nearly identical—the only significant change was that debug prints got sent to the serial port if the title did not open it for communications—this used a DTL-H3050 serial cable (the same as the one used for the Yaroze).

It's a debugging unit, fairly uncommon, goes for a bit on ebay.

Mind taking some pictures?

No problem infact i have allready taken some just gotta find the cable to get the pics on my lappy lol

the insides of this machine are

1 very different
2 extremely clean
3 appear to be much better quality than the other ps1s i have

the only thing that is the same layout wise is the psu and the switch positions obviously

will post pics asap

i did replace the psu with that of another ps1 and it boots loads any game i throw at it too :)

Back