Problem with my new n64

juul64

Newb
Hello,

I just bought a Nintendo 64, everything works fine, the only problem is that it does not work properly on my television. I put the yellow component in the input labeled Y under video on my TV. I put the red and white components under the audio inputs labeled R and L. With this setup I get the game on the screen on my TV, but it's in black/white and it has got strange lines through it. I have a modern Samsung TV, so I think the N64 does not work on these TV's nowadays. Can anyone help me out?

- Juul64

I think the video cable should be plugged in the marked video in on your television. it might be marked a/v as well. usually the input label Y on a tv is for composite and this is why it is in black and white. try this out because I have a modern tv as well and mine works just fine.

I think the video cable should be plugged in the marked video in on your television. it might be marked a/v as well. usually the input label Y on a tv is for composite and this is why it is in black and white. try this out because I have a modern tv as well and mine works just fine.

Tank you for the relpy, i tried putting the video cable in the a/v input, unfortunatly it still does not work.

Your TV might be set to component input instead of composite input. Some TVs use the same plug for composite video and component Y, so if you have a composite input and it's set to component input, it will appear black and white.

Back