Post your PC Specs!

Bud's thread inspired me to post an update here, seeing as how I've mostly rebuilt my system.

bc5d8c4a6c.png

For whatever reason my soundblaster ZX doesn't show up there, but it's in there too, because wheeee spending money. Additionally I have no idea what's up with my RAM claiming 666mhz - it's 1333, and says so in bios (at least it did last time I checked.)

Sweet Build samjc3 and it shows half the ram speed btw.
On to my somewhat horrible PC:
DA77mnt.jpg

So I had a way better build planned out but things happened and I didn't have the money so I bought a $500 iBuypower "Gaming Computer" and a good psu cuz the one in it sucked. I plan to get a better Cpu, Gpu, Mobo and a ssd.
Also the screen is old and i'm just using it until i can get mine shipped to where I moved.
But it runs fine i haven't played many games on it because ive been busy lately.

4.0GHz FX-8350 Black Edition
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
8GB(2x4GB) DDR3-1600MHz G.SKILL RIPJAWS
XFX R9 290 8GB
1TB WD Black 7200 HDD
40GB 5400RPM HDD
150GB 7200RPM HDD
Apevia 500 Watt PSU
Windows 8.1/ArchLinux

Took out the Sapphire R9 270x 4GB as it wasn't really great at 1440p with GTA V
Still on the stock cooler, Highest temp while playing recently was 58C but hovered around 52C.

Did some work on my secondary/server rig tonight.

i3 4150
ASRock Z97 Anniversary
2x4gb Team Elite
AMD Radeon 7750 (replaced 750ti temporarily - sold 750ti, gonna put a 770 in once I buy 980ti for main desktop)
Corsair CX600m (replaced Antec Neo 620w, because modular)
CM Hyper 212 Evo
128gb Kingston V300 OS drive
3tb WD Green
2tb Seagate Barracuda
1x random 500gb Seagate for some reason
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl (replaced Antec 300 Black - now it matches my main rig, in a Fractal R2 XL, plus it's even quieter than it was)

Feels a bit overkill for a server, but Heck, I'm happy, and that's what counts.

One of these days I'm gonna go out and buy a stack of four or five 3tb WD Blacks or HGST something or others and replace all my current drives with a nice array of drives that match.

ProgMetalMan said:
I thought matched drives were more susceptible to all dying at once?
Well, statistically yeah, I suppose. But any new, reasonable quality drives should have plenty more life left in them than these ones do. I mean, the newest one here is going on 3 years of uptime, and it's a seagate. I'd happily move to 4x4tb HGSTs or such even with the risk of a common failure timeframe.

Main Desktop
i7 4770k stock speeds
some cheapo intel mobo
8gb DDR3 RAM (max for this mobo)
stock R9 290
2TB HDD
160GB HDD
20GB HDD
2x 24" 1920x1200 Dell monitors
cheapo dell mouse
some Razor keyboard

Laptop
HP Pavilion
AMD A10 (4 cpu + 6 gpu cores)
12GB RAM
1TB HDD
Strange large low-res touch screen
4-8hr battery life

Server
AMD FX-8320 stock speed
micro-atx gigabyte mobo
8GB (going to upgrade to 16 soon) RAM
500GB HDD
runs VMware ESXi 5.5.0 for virtualization

Soon to complete my 5 node beowulf cluster, gonna use it to crack wii minis ::3: (gonna repurpose the cluster once I'm done with that, probably do some simulations or something...)

i3-2150 3.1ghz
8GB RAM
GTX 970 4GB
64GB SSD for OS drive, 2TB HDD for everything else

Yeah i'm waiting for pay day and that i3 is going to become an i7

If you weren't in Britbongistan I'd have some measured interest in that i3.

What i7 are you looking at?

I just realized I haven't posted updated specs since 2013, just snippets here and there.

Sandy - Main PC

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge (stock clocks)
MSI Z68MA-ED55 Z68 mATX
16GB Mushkin Enhanced DDR3-1600 (2x8)
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked (blower cooler)
Plextor m5 Pro 256GB (OS)
Western Digital Black 2TB (programs)
Western Digital Red 3TB (data)
LG WH16NS40 BD-RE drive
Corsair H60 with standard fan
2xNoctua NF-F12 (front intake), Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm (side)
Generic USB 3.0 card
Sound Blaster Z
Rosewill front panel USB 3.0 and card reader
XFX 650W Core Series
Antec Three Hundred

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Logitech G700 (this is a mouse)
Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Brown)
ASUS VG23AH 3D IPS 23.6" FHD
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 (I switch between headphones and speakers)

1z554ix.png

(yes, I finally got a real desktop background)

Finally got around to buying a 980ti like I've been saying I would since they announced the Dang thing. Gigabyte G1 Windforce, of course.
937cb5a412.jpg

Final overclock works out to 1527mhz core, 3856mhz memory at the highest boost, and I can sustain that in every game I've tested.

3Dmark only shows a couple hundred point increase versus my previous 770 SLI setup, but in the real world, it's a Dang solid upgrade, and it's cooler in my room to boot.

3DMark stock clocks
3DMark overclocked

Blimey! is my current ship old but it does the job.
This was a bodge job back in the ole days for the local LAN Dos

AMD K6-2 450mhz
128M PC100
12G IDE HD
8x CD-RW
Nvidia TNT2 with 32M ram

21" IBM 655223N 1600x1200

Good Day!
Cheerio!

Blimey!
I amost forgot to show me wallpaper.
36540.jpg

I thought you lads would fancy being able to faff around wiff it.

Oy then!
Good Day!

Fake account or no, fake rig or no, those things are *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing awesome, and I'm kinda jelly. Only in the past couple years have we seen LCDs that really surpass those Dang tubes.

samjc3 said:

Fake account or no, fake rig or no, those things are *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing awesome, and I'm kinda jelly. Only in the past couple years have we seen LCDs that really surpass those Dang tubes.
I want to steal my physics teacher's Viewsonic Graphics Series tubes.
Resolution isn't great, particularly if you want to use it without having a seizure, but I could really use a monitor that has accurate colors because this cheap-ass 768p 19" SyncMaster which is as old as this website sure doesn't. It's always fun when you touch up a photo and print it out just to have a ridiculously blue tinge.

Yeah, I should really get a job and make my own rig that's not ass designed for family use
I've been thinking about stealing the monitor that's hooked up to the lighting console at my school, which is definitely a bigger, better, and newer variant on this one

The_Next_Guy said:
*Slowly pulls out chromebook. Then notices all apple fanboys giving me the death stare.*
To be fair, that has nothing to do with apple fanboyism and everything to do with chromeOS being objectively the worst at everything ever.

Back