Pokemon MysticAurelian Version

Discussion in 'Software & ROM Hacks' started by LaDestitute, Apr 30, 2013.

1. LaDestitute

LaDestitute Member

http://imgur.com/a/12YGa

Finished mapping nearly all of Amythist Town. Just little things left now, like, scripting people events, aside from the big thing: Working on the workings of the gym, such as the battles.

2. LaDestitute

LaDestitute Member

[​IMG]
    From left to right: Hoppiler, Rollip, Suckeeto, Tuttby, and Coyoco.

Sorry for the lack of updates, recently. I'm on a different computer and my situation lately has been...hectic. No fast internet connection (at least until now! :D), Windows XP on this current computer being annoying, my main computer with Windows 7 is fried (but not broken, it's fixable, it's just a dead PSU unit that needs to be replaced), and a little bit depressed over losing a friend last week, to sum up some of the business lately.

Anyhow, I'm deciding on what Pokemon should go into the last 30 slots and so far, I have:

#123: Scyther (Bug/Flying)*1
    #212: Scizor (Bug/Steel)*1
    #285: Shroomish (Grass)
    #286: Breloom (Grass/Fighting)
    #618: Stunfisk (Electric/Ground)
    #222: Corsola (Water/Rock)
    #328: Trapinch (Ground)*2
    #329: Vibrava (Ground/Dragon)*2
    #330: Flygon (Ground/Dragon)*2
    #333: Swablu (Normal/Flying)
    #334: Altaria (Dragon/Flying)
    #041: Zubat (Poison/Flying)
    #042: Golbat (Poison/Flying)
    #169: Crobat (Poison/Flying)
    #167: Spinarak (Bug/Poison)
    #168: Ariados (Bug/Poison)
    #355: Duskull (Ghost)
    #356: Dusclops (Ghost)
    #477: Dusknoir (Ghost)
    #562: Yamask (Ghost)
    #563: Cofagrigus (Ghost)
    #218: Slugma (Fire)
    #219: Magcargo (Fire/Rock)
    #228: Houndour (Dark/Fire)
    #229: Houndoom (Dark/Fire)
    #324: Torkoal (Fire)
    #170: Chinchou (Water/Electric)
    #171: Lanturn (Water/Electric)
    #179: Mareep (Electric)
    #180: Flaaffy (Electric)
    #181: Ampharos (Electric)

*1: Scyther/Scizor or Yanma/Yanmega?
    *2: Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon or Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus?
    *3: I'm tempted to replace Chinchou/Lantern with Pikachu/Raichu, just cause...you know, Pikachu. :D
    *4: I'm trying to stay budgeted here with my selection. I'm going for 2 Bug type Pokemon, 2 Fighting type Pokemon, 1 Ground type Pokemon, 1 Rock type Pokemon, 5 Dragon type Pokemon, 5 Poison type Pokemon, 5 Ghost type Pokemon, 5 Fire type Pokemon, and 5 Electric type Pokemon, all based on the type distribution for the regional dex (so far), and what types are most common/rarest. It's below, if you're curious. It counts both single type and dual type Pokemon. I might add more Poison type Pokemon though, since the current number is well...zero. Ouch.

Flying: 19
    Grass: 18
    Water: 17
    Normal: 16
    Psychic: 16
    Ice: 14
    Dark: 13
    Steel: 10
    Bug: 10
    Fighting: 11
    Ground: 11
    Rock: 11
    Ghost: 7
    Fire: 5
    Electric: 5
    Poison: 0

3. LaDestitute

LaDestitute Member

I pretty much stayed up all night from last night until 2 PM to catch up on some work with the rom hack as I should have been done with this by now, but couldn't due to how busy I was lately. Then I...took a nap.

Feshea Desert (placeholder name, I can't remember the name I wanted instead to use) is an area east of Amythist Town. It always has a sandstorm raging through it and you'll will need the Go-Goggles to traverse through the desert. There is an oasis, and a sunken ruins similar to the Ruins of Alph, but that's not immediately accessible. Aside from Trapinch, the Pokemon available in the desert are Tuttby (Psychic type, a sphinx kitty Pokemon) and Coyoco (Fire type, a feisty coyote Pokemon).

[​IMG]

4. grossaffe

grossaffe President Groosevelt Staff Member

You know what would complete that pokemon list? Grossaffen. (pluralized just like Oxen)

I must be quite a narcissist, huh?

5. LaDestitute

LaDestitute Member

I know, I know. What I'll probably do is include it as a special clone of Primape in one of the 25 ??? slots, so no pokedex entry.

Also, god, for once, stop blabbing about yourself and provide me with some actually useful constructive criticism.

6. ttsgeb

ttsgeb Breaker of Everything Staff Member

Needs more groose.

7. grossaffe

grossaffe President Groosevelt Staff Member

<3

8. Zero

Zero ModRetro Legend Administrator

1) Scyther/Scizor
    2) Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
    3) Pikachu/Raichu

9. DK

DK Donkey>King

Snorlax

10. LaDestitute

LaDestitute Member

I've finished the mapping for the inside of Everquart Mountain (Mt. Everquart in-game). Interesting trivia: I used a random d20 dungeon generator to make the layout for both of the floors.

[​IMG]

11. LaDestitute

LaDestitute Member

It's alive!

So sorry for the lack of updates. I've been lately battling with sleeping problems/health problems, aside from a two week long bout of depression (maybe three week long, I think). I'm feeling a lot better now, and I've gotten back into the swing of things.

Onto the actual subject, here is the second gym city, Everquart Peak City (it has to be shortened to Everquart City due to in-game location name character limits). The second badge is the Peak Badge, a Flying type gym. On another note, a two gym demo may not be out for a long while, merely because I really want to polish the demo for best quality possible.

[​IMG]

12. Nusdogg

Nusdogg Member

Can't wait to see the final outcome!

13. LaDestitute

LaDestitute Member

No, I'm not dead or anything! I'm incredibly sorry for the horrendous three month delay between updates. The actual reason was that I got lazy and didn't really do any romhacking work, but I wasn't in the mood either. Since Pokemon X & Y is just a month and a half away or so, I got back into the mood!

Better late than never, right?

Also...

I also needed to focus more on my life and school, I have to admit. Seriously.

I know it ain't much, almost all of the tiles are default, and it looks a little hacked together like some poorly done DIY project, but here is Everquart City Gym! The gym leader's name is Cliff, and he specializes in Flying types! It's kind of ice themed, because the city is at the summit of a mountain, and it tends to snow a lot. The player will be pushed into a cavern basement from the icy tiles on 1F, and they'll have to press switches on 2F to create tiles on the ice that will keep them on the right track towards Cliff. It's recently been on my mind but I should probably make it a full ice floor, eh?

[​IMG]

14. Zero

Zero ModRetro Legend Administrator

Might make more sense if you give him a few Ice-Flying or Water-Flying Pokemon.