Pokedex DS Case

I've been ill for a week and due to that am only sleeping about 3 hours a night, so I'm not fit to properly read/respond to this thread and my PMs right now. I'll look at things seriously once I recover which is hopefully going to be tomorrow or a couple days after. This reply here is also going to be a rather "out of it" one.

But, I was told how to access all of my paypal history by my friend who had a similar problem once. My history for all of 2011 to the end of 2012 has only 170 USD sent to Bush, with nothing returned back to me. The package should have been sent in summer of 2012 so there's no need to go beyond that looking for the refund.

(Sorry for image size that stretches the page, will resize it later, a mod can feel free to do that for me too)
Ska3080rmavbild2014-03-04kl190525.png

I was told that I should be able to file a claim via paypal to get some money back, by someone who had been in a similar situation. Apparently, never getting the item is enough. I don't really know if I will do that or not, I'll talk to my friend who was in the similar situation and see what he thinks. If I do, and past that if they accept the claim, it wouldn't be a claim for all of the money back, only the 50 dollars.

From what I glanced at in this thread now (haven't looked at my PMs yet, but hopefully tomorrow I will feel healthy again so I will):

- I said it was okay to "quit" and send it as-is when Bush suggested it. At that time it was some months after the initial commission process, I can't remember but I seem to recall it was something like half a year. So when he suggested to quit I thought it was fine because at that point I'd rather just have whatever instead of wait another half year.

- Bush, you sent physical money in a package, without even a tracking number, when the payment you initially received from me was from paypal and I re-gave you my paypal address multiple times while waiting for you to send the package/return some money? You never said you were sending physical money in the package, or I would have at least asked why in the world you couldn't just use paypal which is both more convenient and safer.

Likewise, I gave you two different addresses you could send to and at one point told you that I was moving soon (as far as I remember). If you were going to be so busy then it would have been better to simply wait until I had moved. Or ask me if I minded waiting a while longer. Of course nothing can be done now but it's thought for the future.

I don't meant to repeat myself so much, but this is the summary of how things are from my point of view:

- No message immediately after the package was sent, even though I sent multiple messages asking if it had been sent yet / re-giving my address and paypal. For a young person whose hobby involves electronics it's very strange to not even be able to take two minutes to send a PM to a customer. Even if you're away, there's such things as library or café/hotel internet, SMS-ing a friend to tell them to log into your account to send a message, even checking Email via your phone or someone else's, and so on.

- No refund money in paypal even though you said you'd refund ASAP. No hint that you wouldn't be using paypal to refund. Not even afterwards when you saw I hadn't gotten the package, as I recall. But as I'm sick I haven't properly read through all of our past PMs to each other yet.

- No tracking number, no description of what was actually in the package (ex. the physical money or any trinkets/candy like I suggested to help get past customs). No estimated time of arrival (which when I lived in America at least, the post office person would always tell you that). As I recall, anyway.

- The package never arrived (which has only so far happened once to me, a SAL from Hong Kong and on that I was able to get a refund - and HK SAL is known to lose packages). For clarification, it wasn't simply stolen from the mailbox because it would have had to been picked up at the post office while showing ID. No message of "so i guess the package was lost?? flax i'm so sorry" or "now i know not to use x-type of shipping" or any sympathies.

Personally, when I've sold an item to someone and they never got it for some reason (ex. once the item was squished out of the packet and lost because the mail staff put it through the wrong sorting machine), I have always given them a full refund.

- Normally as a seller you would at the least check back to see if I had messaged you to say I ever actually received it, you might ask "how do you like it", or ask me to post public feedback somewhere.

- Forum disappearance for a long time immediately after this event. A return years later. In my eyes it's possible it was "laying low until the customer has probably forgotten and will not go on the site again". Especially because this site is your hobby after all. And especially because I didn't snap at you or send impatient/angry messages during the length of the commission or after never receiving the package, so I seemed like a doormat-sort.

- Then I only get responses after the first time I post an angry, mean message. The responses are strangely prompt considering a lot of our communication the time I was talking to you, had been either you responding slowly or not responding. The response is also an angry message possibly insulting me (from what I glanced at) and not a detailed description of everything surrounding the package and/or asking what to be done about this. You should want to more calmly resolve an issue with a customer, even an angry one, so that you can get further commissions in the future. I would also have felt more sympathetic towards you and believed you a bit more if I received something like a sorrowful response with lots more convincing details on how things were done. But I also only skimmed your reply because I'm sick, so I'll see properly later if I just misunderstood it all in a delirium. I think I wrote it before, but the same goes for PMs, I'm not in a state where I can read/remember/comprehend/look up information so well so I'm saving them for later.

I've both bought and sold a lot of stuff online. I don't know you or anyone else on this site. I purely came here to commission from you. I want to believe that you're telling the truth but I really don't have any evidence of it, and I certainly know how it's possible for nice-seeming and normal-seeming people to lie/scam/whatever others (as it has happened to me before). I would have just let it go if it were something like 5-20 USD, but 50 is fairly noteworthy and 170 even more so.

My history for all of 2011 to the end of 2012 has only 170 USD sent to Bush, with nothing returned back to me. The package should have been sent in summer of 2012 so there's no need to go beyond that looking for the refund.

I don't know why you would, I already told you I included the refund in the package.

I was told that I should be able to file a claim via paypal to get some money back, by someone who had been in a similar situation. Apparently, never getting the item is enough. I don't really know if I will do that or not, I'll talk to my friend who was in the similar situation and see what he thinks. If I do, and past that if they accept the claim, it wouldn't be a claim for all of the money back, only the 50 dollars.

So your package gets lost by one of the post offices used, or by your mother, and your solution is to steal from me? Not sure how that's going to work as I don't even have 50 dollars to give you nor an active banking account.

- I said it was okay to "quit" and send it as-is when Bush suggested it. At that time it was some months after the initial commission process, I can't remember but I seem to recall it was something like half a year. So when he suggested to quit I thought it was fine because at that point I'd rather just have whatever instead of wait another half year.

If you'll recall, I had the Dang thing finished and you decided you wanted an entirely different design. This resulted in a completely ruined paint job that took weeks to perfect. I had also sealed it with poly and I was over budget to the point that I couldn't afford more paint or materials to remove dozens of coats of paint and polyurethane.

- Bush, you sent physical money in a package, without even a tracking number, when the payment you initially received from me was from paypal AND I re-gave you my paypal address multiple times while waiting for you to send the package/return some money? You never said you were sending physical money in the package, or I would have at least asked why in the world you couldn't just use paypal which is both more convenient and safer.

At this point I wanted to expedite the return ASAP. I was also going to be without an Internet connection and essentially any cell service in South Dakota (as I told you, I was visiting relatives in the Midwest). As such I didn't really have the time or means to deposit cash, transfer to PayPal and to you as my old bank did not deposit instantly. However, I never asserted that I would be using PayPal and it wasn't ideal for me at the moment to do so.

- No message immediately after the package was sent, even though I sent multiple messages asking if it had been sent yet / re-giving my address and paypal. For a young person whose hobby involves electronics it's very strange to not even be able to take two minutes to send a PM to a customer. Even if you're away, there's such things as library or café/hotel internet, SMS-ing a friend to tell them to log into your account to send a message, even checking Email via your phone or someone else's, and so on.

Once again, I wasn't available to respond to you. I asked for your address in May which indicated I was about to ship it. I'm sorry I could not give you confirmation right away and that it was delayed, bit that doesn't mean I didn't even ship the item. You neglect the fact that I have a personal life and circumstances might affect my ability to respond to you.

- No refund money in paypal even though you said you'd refund ASAP. No hint that you wouldn't be using paypal to refund. Not even afterwards when you saw I hadn't gotten the package, as I recall. But as I'm sick I haven't properly read through all of our past PMs to each other yet.

I promised you a refund and I figured it was implied it was included in the package if I hadn't used PayPal. Once again, communication wasn't exactly possible during right after I mailed it. I can understand your frustration with my communication but I don't know how else to explain to you that I lacked wifi and cell service while gone.

- No tracking number, no description of what was actually in the package (ex. the physical money or any trinkets/candy like I suggested to help get past customs). No estimated time of arrival (which when I lived in America at least, the post office person would always tell you that). As I recall, anyway.

Giving you a tracking number isn't required. I didn't have the money left to do so. I'm also not the post office. I wasn't told how long it would take to arrive, nor would I even suggest an estimate. In my experience shipping is always a risk, especially overseas and through multiple carriers. I don't think you understand how easy it is to lose a package. I also didn't feel the need to buy candy and ship it; I found this to be an odd request.

- The package never arrived (which has only so far happened once to me, a SAL from Hong Kong and on that I was able to get a refund - and HK SAL is known to lose packages). For clarification, it wasn't simply stolen from the mailbox because it would have had to been picked up at the post office while showing ID. No message of "so i guess the package was lost?? flax i'm so sorry" or "now i know not to use x-type of shipping" or any sympathies.

I'd be happy to give you sympathy, but I don't see why you expected that when upon logging in for the first time in years I get attacked by you in PMs and in this thread. I'm obviously going to defend myself when you claim I have some sinister plot against you and try to extort me for more money. I'd be happy to work with you in this situation, but don't act like I'm the one that escalted this.

Personally, when I've sold an item to someone and they never got it for some reason (ex. once the item was squished out of the packet and lost because the mail staff put it through the wrong sorting machine), I have always given them a full refund.

That's lovely. I don't owe you a refund for a refund that got lost in the mail. You aren't even required to do that on ebay. It's not the seller's responsibility.

- Normally as a seller you would at the least check back to see if I had messaged you to say I ever actually received it, you might ask "how do you like it", or ask me to post public feedback somewhere.

It wasn't really a priority considering I had a severe PTSD episode after this, changed schools, lost my job, lost most of my friends and got cheated on by my significant other. My life was in shambles. I remained inactive on MR for years. My personal life took priority to a forum which I felt I no longer had any reason to visit after I shipped your package.

- Forum disappearance for a long time immediately after this event. A return years later. In my eyes it's possible it was "laying low until the customer has probably forgotten and will not go on the site again". Especially because this site is your hobby after all. And especially because I didn't snap at you or send impatient/angry messages during the length of the commission or after never receiving the package, so I seemed like a doormat-sort.

Not at all. This isn't my hobby. I haven't even finished a portable. I completed maybe 2 cosmetic projects like the n64 clock. The rest were never finished and yours discouraged me from molding ever again. I was never any good at it and this forum was pretty dead when I left. Disinterest isn't the same thing as hiding. If I truly wanted to scam you, I would have never logged back in. I feel that 170 dollars would be a good reason never to come back here. I fully expected you to have gotten your item when I logged in. It didn't even occur to me that you might not have received it.

- Then I only get responses after the first time I post an angry, mean message. The responses are strangely prompt considering a lot of our communication the time I was talking to you, had been either you responding slowly or not responding. The response is also an angry message possibly insulting me (from what I glanced at) and not a detailed description of everything surrounding the package and/or asking what to be done about this. You should want to more calmly resolve an issue with a customer, even an angry one, so that you can get further commissions in the future. I would also have felt more sympathetic towards you and believed you a bit more if I received something like a sorrowful response with lots more convincing details on how things were done. But I also only skimmed your reply because I'm sick, so I'll see properly later if I just misunderstood it all in a delirium. I think I wrote it before, but the same goes for PMs, I'm not in a state where I can read/remember/comprehend/look up information so well so I'm saving them for later.

One thing you don't seem to be understanding is that I am not a store. I do not owe you customer service. If you send me a scathing PM, you are going to get one in response (it wasn't even what I would consider scathing). I didn't reply because you worded yourself more strongly, I responded because I had just logged in for the first time in essentially 2 years and saw your message.

I've both bought and sold a lot of stuff online. I don't know you or anyone else on this site. I purely came here to commission from you. I want to believe that you're telling the truth but I really don't have any evidence of it, and I certainly know how it's possible for nice-seeming and normal-seeming people to lie/scam/whatever others. I would have just let it go if it were something like 5-20 USD, but 50 is fairly noteworthy and 170 even more so.

Well then, you took a risk not educating yourself. This service was provided to you via unofficial channels. There is no company involved. As far as PayPal is concerned you merely sent another individual money. This is an informal exchange. If you feel like checking the good buyer/seller list, I'm on there listed under good. I've bought and sold many things on this forum and never had a bad experience with anyone. I joined this site in the very early days and I'm still friends with many of the core members and staff here. I'd be happy to resolve this in something other than a pissing contest. If you want reimbursement, don't try to extort me. You would have gotten my attention just as easily with a friendly PM. I haven't been hiding from you, I merely haven't felt like or had the time to log in. I've been in college for one of the two years I've been gone. You act like there's no possibility I could have voluntarily left this site. You've made your points and I've made mine. Now can we solve this diplomatically?

Bush, pay the man his gawdammned $170 (by paypal), he payed you for something, and he never received it.

I honestly don't understand why it isn't common sense to get postal insurance.

Diminuendo said:
Bush, pay the man his gawdammned $170 (by paypal), he payed you for something, and he never received it.
Unless it was agreed upon beforehand, a package lost in shipment is not the fault of the seller and does not warrant a refund.

Diminuendo said:
The price to insure a package being shipped out of the country is very expensive due to the obvious risks involved. Pretty sure you have to buy tracking as well in order to insure it.

Diminuendo said:

The last time someone suggested that I had to pay $75 on top of a video card Bush was sending me that was worth $250.
Take it from personal experience, Bush may not be the fastest to communicate, but if he said he sent something, it did get sent. (Take that as you wish)

Going off-topic as a moderator is flaxty staff service but *Can'tSayThisOnTV* it Bush I missed you bruh.

Abyss said:
Diminuendo said:
Unless it was agreed upon beforehand, a package lost in shipment is not the fault of the seller and does not warrant a refund.

Diminuendo said:

The price to insure a package being shipped out of the country is very expensive due to the obvious risks involved. Pretty sure you have to buy tracking as well in order to insure it.
Now I've gotten mostly better and caught up on things.

If I had proof it was sent (tracking is not the same thing as insurance - anyway, even a photo of a made-up package could count as proof), if he had been responding to my messages at the time, if he had responded to my messages the last time he was online a year ago, if he had been behaving well throughout all of this, I might feel differently. But like I said, no matter how it turns out for me, at least people can see how he deals with his customers and problems here in the thread.

PM from Bush that I hadn't read until now:
Bush said:
Being inactive for 2ish years is not "blatantly ignoring you." Like I mentioned to you in a PM from August 2012, I shipped the item. If it did not make it to you, I am sorry, but I followed your instructions exactly. If it did not make it to you then it was lost in customs or during you moving locations. I am not the postal service and I can't be held responsible for a package I sent years ago. I'm not going to be shaken down for money for something I did in accordance with your requests 2 years ago I especially don't need to be hassled for not responding to you after not visiting an obscure forum during which I had bigger things to worry about in my life, such as university. My responsibility over your package ended when I posted it to you.

If you were too busy, stressed, think this forum was too obscure to check, etc - you shouldn't have accepted my commission. That was your choice, along with all of the rest (ex. being irresponsible and putting physical money in the package without asking/telling me), and responsibility does comes with that since someone else's money other than yours is involved. All the irresponsibility just added up into a problem at the end and didn't help you, really. I don't feel like pointing out or replying to anything in the rest, as I feel like it's useless to keep talking about things based on your reactions so far.

Anyway, I have said all I could say by this point. I asked my friends and some strangers, most said to file a claim through paypal to get all of my money back if Bush won't pay me anything. Their main point was "no tracking means no proof of package sent, this is really common and paypal cares about buyer/seller issues a lot so you should be able to get money back from them at least".

So Bush, do you want to pay me any money back yourself or will I try through paypal via a claim? If paypal doesn't accept my claim, then of course I will give up. I have no idea what goes on with paypal so I can't warn you of any consequences that might happen to your paypal account with going that route. Similarly, I have no idea if they would decide to refund $170 or $50, but I'm only looking for the $50. I'll also notify in this thread what happens with paypal, if I have to contact them and if I ever hear back from them.

If the majority of people I talked to had instead been telling me I'm going mad, then I would have dropped this, but it feels better to have some reassurance that others would be doing the same thing.

Seeing as that's my dad's paypal account, which I neither own nor have any money in, you would be stealing from my father. I didn't have my own account at the time. I don't think you would succeed in a 3-year old claim, either.

If I am going to give you any money, you're going to need to calm down and stop demanding things from me. I still don't owe you anything, whether you think so or not. I'm not going to feel sorry enough to give you anything until you take a few steps back and reevaluate the situation. As I said before, I'm not going to be extorted. I'll offer you once again to solve this diplomatically.

You are only seeing things from your point of view. You don't seem to care what money I've lost in this deal already. You just want your money. I'm $300 in debt. My new job has yet to pay me anything, and I'm on my way to pay traffic fines right now. Don't make my life worse because your package got lost. It isn't my fault and I never promised to insure your package. Doing so would have cost you extra as well, as Mako noted. I'm not a store, not a company, this isn't ebay or amazon. You need to realize that. If you want reimbursement then you need to work with me, not against me.

I'm fine with solving this diplomatically. I probably missed noticing that offer somewhere in with all the other stuff.

Edit: I need to make this clear since it seems a few people here don't know. Postal tracking is not insurance. You can have an ensured package without tracking (ex. it's hard or impossible to get tracking on a letter but you can still ensure it). At least, that's how it works here.

I still don't understand why it's taken you this long to do anything about it.

After a month I would have PM'd one of the mods here to at least see if they could get in contact with Bush (we can), not ask two years later.

Really, because it was so long ago and there's no proof of anything really, there's nothing we can really do (Paypal either, I don't think).

You should have known the risks of shipping overseas and not paying extra for insurance. Sure, you can say Bush should have given you some confirmation that he shipped it, but unfortunately, he didn't. And that sucks. But Bush is a reliable member on these forums and I believe him if he said he shipped it.

To be fair, I did confirm, just not right away. Kringlur, if you expect anything at all from me, then I expect you to at least give my replies your full attention, as I have given yours. I already mentioned wanting to resolve this another way and you completely ignored it. I'm not a customer service rep and just ignoring me and demanding money isn't going to do you any good. You need to reread what I said to you and look at this situation realistically.

Then, you need to speak to both USPS and your mail providers about reimbursement. Most packages have at least some insurance and I'm neither familiar with your mail service providers nor their policies on lost packages. They are the ones responsible for your package, especially if they lost it.

After that, post what they say and we will go from there. I have a small amount of cash on hand and I'm thinking of ways to get some more quickly. However, before we even consider that, I need you to cooperate with me and understand the situation as it is. This is an informal exchange and not even paypal would see this as anything other then sending money to another person. If you can accept that, hopefully we can find a solution that makes us both happy.

AfroLH said:
I still don't understand why it's taken you this long to do anything about it.

After a month I would have PM'd one of the mods here to at least see if they could get in contact with Bush (we can), not ask two years later.

Really, because it was so long ago and there's no proof of anything really, there's nothing we can really do (Paypal either, I don't think).

You should have known the risks of shipping overseas and not paying extra for insurance. Sure, you can say Bush should have given you some confirmation that he shipped it, but unfortunately, he didn't. And that sucks. But Bush is a reliable member on these forums and I believe him if he said he shipped it.
(While I said in the earlier post I had gotten better... it turned out to be a day of respite and then my symptoms changed and got worse, oops.)

As for paying for tracking - Bush was the one who decided all the shipping basically without talking to me, so he didn't tell me the price of shipping, not before nor afterwards. He charged me a blanket amount that "should have" covered it, and if it had been absurdly expensive (when I was in the US, tracking only cost one dollar more, so I'm thinking of that) it would have been taken out of my "refund" money.

At least, it should have been that way, but if he put the money in the package then err... it was a bit short-sighted in that way as well. He could have also requested me to pay back a little via paypal to cover the extra cost of special shipping, that kind of thing. I was already paying a bit "less" than expected due to the refund so it wouldn't have mattered, (for all Bush knows I'm rich, lol).

As for the mods specifically, it was probably a number of things, one being that "if Bush isn't replying to me, he never set up Email alerts, and isn't going online then what can a mod do", another being the fear/depression I had at the time. I also probably thought "if the mods are active they'll see this thread and come to a conclusion themselves".

At that time, I was in my third year of extreme depression but my medicine wasn't working. As part of that, I would get random extreme fear about talking to people (especially if there was any hint of it possibly going badly for me - ex. having to talk to a teacher or the bus driver). But in December-January, right around when I commissioned, my three best friends of years did a 180 and revealed that they had not only hated me, but been lying to others and all my mutual friends about me (who believed them), and then after this confession they also began stalking me, as well as sending stuff full of lies to get me in trouble to my dad, part-time work boss (I had to quit there since soon after one of the stalkers joined as my coworker to harass me), my girlfriend, and just random places I was online as well, they were even going to go to the police with lies so we were troubled over that.

But then I got news that I was being deported from the country due to the bad grades I got at one point from the depression. So I had 90 days to leave, and chose to marry my girlfriend and go to her country, which meant "new country new language" etc. all over again. I couldn't go back to America because my family had stated "there isn't a place for you here if you're with your girlfriend". However in May, the same time the package was sent, I got a strange eye infection that made it almost impossible to read because my eyes could no longer focus. I'm already almost blind by birth (I have something called "aniridia") so the end result was pretty bad, it lasted for at least half a year because the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong and the medicine that ended up working was more like a fluke. At the same time, because I married at age 20 and moved to a second "other" country, my family decided to essentially disown me. Whereas before I was at least getting some money support so I could go to school and live, that stopped (before June, when I moved). So, well, none of that exactly helped me or my fear/depression lol.

Since Bush had only replied once about the package being sent/not arrived, I had been thinking "it'll arrive soon" and then after that, especially after the move, was thinking "it got returned to him but he just hasn't answered my messages yet", "he seemed like a normal guy, he'll tell me it if never got returned to him, I did send a message saying I'd tell him when it arrived so he'd at least check up on that", etc. It's because I had really kept hoping that he would just pop up going "it did get returned to me" and that there would be no trouble.... Even something like "my arms got chopped off so I couldn't go online, but now after my recovery I'm back and I see your messages in the thread and the package has been sitting at my house for a year". I was really too depressed/troubled already to deal with more trouble haha.

As for why I specifically sent a message now recently, it's because someone saw this commission thread and PM'd me to let me know that Bush had been online and active now even though he hadn't replied to this thread (or seemingly, to me). I got out of my depression a few months ago so I felt like I could do something, or at least try again, and then in my non-depressed-clearheadedness I also realized what a problem it was to be out of so much money for nothing, when I haven't even had a job in this country yet. Even in the previous country, my part-time job paid a max of $120 a month, and my girlfriend was working illegally at a daycare and was lucky if she got $50 a month haha... Even if you think "that's weird, why would you buy a videogame console", I use videogames to study/learn languages (I've banned myself from playing games in English).

And as for you guys knowing Bush... yes, you may know him, but I don't. I also don't know anyone who knows him. So even if other people say he's like this or that, all I actually have to go on is how he interacted when dealing with me. Although I no longer think it was a scam, I now just think "if I had been in his situation I would have done this all differently".

As for Bush's diplomatic solution:
Ah, I reread things and I see now. It would be nice if you explained what this diplomatic solution was. It's difficult having to keep talking in order to get extra information out of you, it feels like you say/don't say something and then I'm supposed to read your mind somehow on what you didn't mention, then eventually I hear more info about it but only after a few more posts. I'm the customer who obviously wants some sort of solution, so there's no need to hold back on your solution-idea when you think of it. If you did state it and I missed it again, I'm sorry, but you can just copy-paste it or rewrite it here in a reply.

As for the candy being an odd request, I think I did explain in the PM at the time that it was due to things getting caught by customs and then having to pay fees/taxes, and that having something other than an electronic would better help it seem like a gift and not a purchase. Since tax is like 23% in the Nordics, and they can pile on extra fees if they want. I don't know how it is for the rest of Europe/the VAT area, but for some cheap items they've sometimes charged me even more than the item actually cost. Since before, I did have packages that were pure gifts (coming from America) and they were caught by customs and asked me for a receipt, I know that some of the "proof" needed is proof from the sender themselves stating that it was a gift (typically meaning a letter from the sender), and seeing as Bush was being really unreliable with messages I didn't think that would have worked had it come to that.

So if you guys ever send stuff to someone else in a country with import tax, you'll know now why they might make weird requests : PP This is also why, when ordering online from a site/person that does a lot of international shipping, there's normally an option "mark as gift" (which helps a tiny bit but customs is still really suspicious depending on the country). I don't actually know which countries do these fees but it seems to be common throughout Europe and most people just don't mention it (they don't always realize that America doesn't charge import tax/mail fees either).

Stop posting walls of text. Do you know how to read? I gave you instructions in my last post which you unsurprisingly missed. Stop acting like I'm withholding information from you and actually read my posts. Don't ask me to copy and paste things you didn't bother to read.

Back