PhoneBloks

Yeah, i've heard from an engineering standpoint this is just a really bad idea and won't really work.

Awesome in theory, in practice the drawbacks far, far outweigh the advantages.

At the risk of sounding unoriginal, cool idea, doesn't work at all. Add it to the long list of simple solutions devised by people that don't understand the problem.

next thing you know, people are gonna start stealing your blocks to upgrade their phone.

I can't wait until I can drop my phone and have it blow up like a lego model, instead of just smashing the screen.

This is not a good idea at all. From a hardware standpoint, pretty cool idea, but from a software standpoint it would never work. Yes Android is like Ubuntu and other Linux based OS's, but the developer of the Android system for that specific phone would have to somehow figure out how to get the OS to work with different hardware being installed. Like for example, a full set of hardware blocks comes out and Tim buys a new camera and new RAM, and Johnny buys everything but the new camera and RAM, how would the software work with the new hardware? The same reason why you can't install a custom from another device onto your device, because the software is designed to work with the hardware, and nothing else.

Back