Pam8403 Amp

Mooper

Since audio amps are all the rage right now; This is a run-of-the-mill Pam8403 audio amp with switching headphone jack and volume wheel.
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/KYXdjPpo
d52eb8e22d20ff2fc39ee7bdf9c27a70.png
895bb2e538925a34f07bf214f8b53a5d.png

Dimensions: 1.49x0.69 inches (37.77x17.48 mm)

DATASHEET

Features:

Headphone jack (of the switching variety!)

Volume wheel (controls both headphones and speakers.)

Two voltage dividers on the inputs to adjust the maximum volume. This is handy for speakers that can't handle the full power of the amp. You set the limit and forget about it, rather than just not turning it up. These can be bypassed if necessary.

Two 10k resistors on the outputs of the wheel pot that serves to convert the linear pot to a log pot. These need to be ~20% of the wheel's resistance to work effectively.

Ground pads/vias on the in/outputs to be used with shielded cable, or ignored.

Mounting holes.

I just put it together today and need to make some tweaks on the board before I share it.

So many amps coming out these days :awesome:
Great work! :) Just a doubt, why have you used a PAM8403 as an headphone amplifier? You could have used a PAM8009 (DATASHEET) which is both a speakers and a headphones amplifier. It also have a really simple way of handling the volume control, without needing a dual potentiometer.

Actually the headphones aren't being amplified. They are in-line before the amp. I used the PAM8403 because I knew it worked well with my setup, and because I have 10 of these lying around. Dirt Cheap.

Mooper said:
Actually the headphones aren't being amplified. They are in-line before the amp. I used the PAM8403 because I knew it worked well with my setup, and because I have 10 of these lying around. Dirt Cheap.
That's really cheap :D

Back