PAL GC with digital AV portable friendly?

Can anyone let me know if the European GC's with both AV ports are portable friendly? Ive got a deal with 3 for £40 so £13 per console but I have a sneaking suspicion they're not portable friendly I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Well that would depend on your definition of "portable friendly". In terms of how easy it is to use, the PAL board is nearly the same as the NTSC. If it has both AV ports, then it does not have built-in regulators and you can easily use custom regulators with it, if that's what you want to do.

Well that would depend on your definition of "portable friendly". In terms of how easy it is to use, the PAL board is nearly the same as the NTSC. If it has both AV ports, then it does not have built-in regulators and you can easily use custom regulators with it, if that's what you want to do.

Thanks for the reply I do want to use custom regulators so thats good. will the board be compatible with WKF providing its 1.1 of course does the fact that it has both AV outs not mean it's likely an older rev.

will the board be compatible with WKF providing its 1.1

If it has both AV ports, it might have IPL 1.0, which does not work with the stock Wiikey or Wasp Fusion. However, all GameCubes will work with the Wiikey/Wasp if you flash Swiss firmware onto it instead of the stock firmware. If you buy one from badassconsoles.com, they come with Swiss flashed already, but they are out of stock right now.

If it has both AV ports, it might have IPL 1.0, which does not work with the stock Wiikey or Wasp Fusion. However, all GameCubes will work with the Wiikey/Wasp if you flash Swiss firmware onto it instead of the stock firmware. If you buy one from badassconsoles.com, they come with Swiss flashed already, but they are out of stock right now.

Thanks so much this was really helpful. Do you know where I can get a WiiKey or WASP and which is better? I don't mind flashing should be fairly simple.

badass gets them from time to time. They are identical, but the WiiKey is discontinued. This is how you can tell what version IPL your Gamecube is running.
Thanks that link says that all pal CG's are 1.1 so if that's true I can get litterally any console and it will work. I thought I had found a site that was selling wasps but now I'm pretty sure it's not legit, registered and bought a wasp but when I went to pay it will only accept credit card even though it states it accepts visa debit and the whole site looks pretty dodgy tbh :/
http://www.eurasia.nu/

So I think I managed to get a WASP either that or I just dumped my money in to a scam I doubt it's swiss flashed but thats not a problem I was looking for a MEGAdrive V5 as it looks like the easiest solution but BadAssConsoles is out of stock are there any other methods that don't involve soldering directly on to the FFC?

are there any other methods that don't involve soldering directly on to the FFC?
I have used this before: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...1gOO0TRKd4JkcUcQODUWL9A1h7P_U6-u2MhoCQKrw_wcB
It does not have the same number of pins as the Wiikey FFC, so you'll have to slide the FFC all the way to the left or the right. This diagram gives a good idea of how you should wire it:
9.jpg

I have used this before: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Newhaven-Display/NHD-FFC36/?qs=BjATOTNhr5x/KQxiGA1uAg==&gclid=CjwKEAjwpLa5BRCTwcXS6_rpvC4SJACTDQMMjcnljBw1gOO0TRKd4JkcUcQODUWL9A1h7P_U6-u2MhoCQKrw_wcB
It does not have the same number of pins as the Wiikey FFC, so you'll have to slide the FFC all the way to the left or the right. This diagram gives a good idea of how you should wire it:
Quick question do I need to use a normally closed momentary switch to flash my wasp to swiss at which point I can just bridge the connection for autoboot?

Back