Painting guide

zharrhen

This is a guide for painting a portable.

1: The best type of paint.
----------------------
the best type of paints are the flat colors of the Krylon fusion paints. It sticks to plastic, it's cheap, it gives a good texture, and it dries quickly. If you use the NON-Flat Krylon paints, It will look shiny, but it is kind of sticky, so not a good choice.

2: Preparation
-------------
Lay down a piece of cardboard over the thing you are painting so you don't paint the ground.
Paint outside in a clear area.
Make sure there is nothing on the thing being painted.

3: Applying the paint.
------------------
To paint the case, just follow the instructions on the can.
To paint the buttons, which so few people do, remove them from the case and paint them separately.
This is something I haven't tested, but it sounds good on paper: Put a piece of plastic, cardboard, or something else over the screen and buttons while painting if you forgot to paint before putting it together.

Hope this helps!

Man I'm sorry but I don't think this qualifyies as a guide..
This is brief and incomplete advice on how to choose your paint (cause krylon can't be found in every country)

And "follow the instructions on the can" isn't really guiding anyone.

Also, I wouldn't paint the case while buttons are placed.
Cardboard would work for the screen, but you'd have to cover the buttons deeper than you can reach. Time and effort not well spent imo..

It's good that you want to contribute, and I don't want to blame you for that by any means, but this lacks substance and gives faulty advice that might set noobs like me on the wrong path.

Back