Nobble's PMP

nobble

So I decided since I have an extra zenith screen, I will make a PMP/testing screen.

I am using 2 3.7 volt lipos most likely, and I am incorporating a tv media card. It has usb and sd card slots and runs off of 5v.

The PMP will have a headphone jack, a/v in, and remote features for the media card.

DSCN1035.jpg

DSCN1039.jpg

haven't decided yet. I may use 6000 mah batts or just 4700 mah's. I'm just going to use a 7805 reg.

I like this idea, would be a great test screen, plus with the charging usb ports and tv media card it's gonna be sick, have you decided on a media card yet?

Well i realized the batteries I was going to use were 6400 mah instead of 6000. I forgot about the extra 400...should have remembered since I'm using them in my portable n64. But I'm probably going to order them on wednesday.

Does anyone know how to make a ti regulator output 5 volts? That might save me some battery life.

ABS and bondo.

Also UPDATE:

I finished sanding the case. IT'S MAH BESTEST JOB EVAR!

It's like, REALLY smooth guys. Thanks to my new palm sander.

I also threw on primer. So in a few I should be painting this baby again.

00a4d2cc.jpg

yup, once that dries I can put the clear coat on and be done with the painting!

EDIT: Finished putting on clear coat. Did it a little too thick so I hope it turns out alright. Ill just let it sit for a few days.

6dd338aa.jpg

I soldered everything in place, but there's a problem... The audio doesn't work unless I push on the headphone jack.

What's wrong Modretro?

Well whats weird is I dont even have to push on the solder...maybe the jack is just bad.

Well I fixed the audio issue. It was a bad jack. So I installed a radioshack jack and it works fine. Even cuts speakers when plugged in.

Tomorrow I should be getting the media card. And then I can finish this up.

Back