Noah's Kickass Raspberry Pi DMG Portable

Noah

Frequent Poster
So I bought a Pi. It's pretty *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing bad ass.

Know whats even more bad ass? A portable Raspberry Pi.

So basically, I'm taking a DMG shell, adding in some new controls with dual sliders, ABXY, D-Pad, and four buttons on the back for full compatibility with all games. Buttons on the back will probably just be elongated tacts to save room, as I'm not going to have much to work with as is.

Here is the look I'm going for:
ynaHJ46.jpg

Also not my design.

Won't look exactly like this, but it'll be close. Also, I'll be removing pretty much all other functionality from the Pi such as the extra USB ports and 10/100 port. They add a ton of unnecessary thickness to the board. I'll probably have at the maximum two USB ports accessible on the outside.

So yeah, more updates to come tomorrow after I drill my slider holes.

Oh, and for anyone wondering I'll be using Yinlips sliders as they are surprisingly dead on and ridiculously small.

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more thing. For anyone who's curious, I'll be using a Pi 2 Model B with RetroPie 3.0 RC1 (until a full release is here of course)

That will look so cool with the buttons like that on the front and back and the sliders on the bottom. Are you going to be throwing in a game on the back slot so it looks like something is in there or just cover it up so its all flush? I assume the battery door on the back will be flush with the case and non-removable by the end of it?

thatguythere said:
That will look so cool with the buttons like that on the front and back and the sliders on the bottom. Are you going to be throwing in a game on the back slot so it looks like something is in there or just cover it up so its all flush? I assume the battery door on the back will be flush with the case and non-removable by the end of it?
Yup yup yup.

Battery cover will be non-removable since the DMG I have has a broken tab, and I don't have any games that I would want to sacrifice so I think I'll be sealing it up and making it flush.

Back