Noah's First Portable

I am Noah

Hey guys :D
Recently, I began making my first ever portable after being inspired by some of the great ones on this forum. Being 14 and all, I figured that I should try it out myself (and with a little help from my dog, Napoleon), and share my progress here

So, enough talk. Let's get into this!

The case I will be using is a zn-45. I've been doing some work on it recently and this is it so far

xgmk3k.jpg

Currently, Im Jb Weld-ing the trigger and Z buttons to the back

25up7cy.jpg

My living room looks like a tornado just hit, but from the help of Napoleon, I can clean up in no time :p
2ebsvau.jpg

Got an update!
Did a bunch of work last night and this morning
I got the cart slot wired up

2r224h2.jpg

And did some work on the screen

lh6jt.jpg

Sorry, but I can only update durring the weekends because of school and all. Another update will be here on friday. Until late then see ya!

Got a massive case-tacular update for you guys :)
I Implemented the 2 charge ports for charge and play.

2u7twdf.jpg

Primed the case more

68ts44.jpg

Sanded the back

16jk4tz.jpg

I made this cart slot holder with plexiglass. Painted:

2zf7j4i.jpg

Had the neat idea of using the n64 emblem to go in front of a battery indicator. The light will shine through the letters.

fw0hw4.jpg

Painted the back:

2llow8n.jpg
29iqmt.jpg

Napoleon likes :D

a2gpvs.jpg

More electronics to come next weekend!

A lititle update for you guys! Protection circuit came in, and I got the batteries wired up!
14nhdht.jpg

To console:
20ra4v7.jpg
zswgnl.jpg

Got my battery indicator wired up!
2d1k9s3.jpg
108ekjp.jpg

Now, I got a couple of questions.
1) how do you make the n64 permanently on ?
2) I've tripple checked all my wiring, and when i flick the switch nothing happens. Why? Any help will be appreciated!

More updates next week!

Sorry guys, no update this week :cry:
Still waiting for that multimeter.
Should be here soon. More updates next week!!

I am Noah said:
Thanks Noah(sounds pretty weird saying that)! I'll try it on Friday.

Btw, what is bitbuild? Is it supposed to be the new and improved version of Modretro?
Sounds good. Let me know how it goes and if there's anything else you need help with.

Essentially, yeah. It's got a much more centralized database of information. Most of the questions you have asked thus far could have been answered on your own if you used our information.

Noah said:
I am Noah said:
Thanks Noah(sounds pretty weird saying that)! I'll try it on Friday.

Btw, what is bitbuild? Is it supposed to be the new and improved version of Modretro?
Sounds good. Let me know how it goes and if there's anything else you need help with.

Essentially, yeah. It's got a much more centralized database of information. Most of the questions you have asked thus far could have been answered on your own if you used our information.
Lol. I'll definitely check it out!
Thanks!

Hey guys! Got a question!
Over the week, my batteries died after leaving the indicator on. I've been using this charger
282nfid.jpg

How long will they take to charge. I left it charging overnight, and tried to turn on the indicator and nothing happened.

The charger is 500mA and your batteries capacity is 8000mAh. That means it can take 16 hours to fully charge your batteries if the rating is correct. Many manufacturers label their batteries with inflated ratings, so it could be lower.

Did you have the power switch switched correctly? The charger has no led indicator?

Back