nm

Re: GeniMini my portable Genesis

I like it. For being built in 3 days, it looks really good! Is that RCP wired?

You now need a portablizer title and an avatar. (I usually identify people by avatar, not name.)

Edit- what type of glue is that (brown glue)?

If I was to guess... Hitemp hot glue?

Looks good. What's the button on the bottom right of it? I's ginormous, lol.

I think you only get a portablizer title if you have a worlog here, but I may be wrong.

snowpenguin said:
If I was to guess... Hitemp hot glue?

I think you only get a portablizer title if you have a worlog here, but I may be wrong.
Mods here are pretty flexable with titles. The lower right button is power. It clicks in/out like a GC power button. (I only know this because I have 8 of those buttons.)

Basement_Modder said:
Edit- what type of glue is that (brown glue)?

Yea I was out of my clear glue so I used some Industrial high temp stuff from work. Looks awful but works great.

Just noticed this, but whats up with the speaker holes? The left one is all random, whereas the right one is perfect. :confused:

snowpenguin said:

Yea like I said I used what I had on hand and believe it or not that is the only power switch I had. LOL

Basement_Modder said:
Just noticed this, but whats up with the speaker holes? The left one is all random, whereas the right one is perfect. :confused:

That's the way I roll . :ninj:

Actually I messed up and it all went to heck after that. LOL

Wonderful job, though I have to say your old work (assuming memory serves) still holds a special place in my mind.

Also, the screen volume contrast buttons, did you desolder the previous tacts and solder on longer ones? I've always wanted to do that!

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Also, the screen volume contrast buttons, did you desolder the previous tacts and solder on longer ones? I've always wanted to do that!

SS

No all I did was desolder the old ones and then add wires to the new ones. Much easier than trying to line up and drill holes after you solder on new ones.

I bought a set of 50 extra long tact switches from Ebay some time ago and never used them. I also bought some neat tact switches (50 of them) with different color buttons. Ebay rules. :rofl:

It's nice, but not as nice as your old portables. Still, great for 3 days work.

Some questions though. What kind of Genesis is that? How did you get it so small? And do you have links to auctions for the tact switches with buttons?

XCVG said:
It's nice, but not as nice as your old portables. Still, great for 3 days work.

Some questions though. What kind of Genesis is that? How did you get it so small? And do you have links to auctions for the tact switches with buttons?

It's a Genesis 3 and I trimmed off as much as I could.

I bought the tact switches a long time ago but here is a pic.

Row 1 Tact switches with different color buttons. The buttons are about the same size as the buttons on my Genimini.
Row 2 Same tact switch with button off.
Row 3 Small tact switch with add-on button cap. One put together the other in pieces.
Row 4 extra long tact switch I used for brightness/volume buttons.

buttons.JPG

The ones on top are AMAZING. Looks so easy to use.

The ones on bottom can be found at rshack. Might use those on mine.

Nice, I like it. I never thought to do the buttons going up vertically like that....

I'm also working on my genesis 3 right now, hopefully I finish soon. Just need to get a new cartridge slot and make my case.

Very nice work! I like it a lot. It looks very comfortable to hold.

like i said on BH i like this a lot its clean and simple design is cool.
i need to get me some of them tact swiches.

Back