Nintendo NX Reveal October 20th 10:00am EDT

The Switch would cost me roughly about as much as a PS4 Pro here in the UK.

I'd be a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing moron to buy an underpowered tablet (like really, the resolution is half of my ipad pro lol) over an actual console with games. I try very hard to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt but time after time they release flaxty consoles with hardly any worthwhile games and it's just more of a sad joke than anything even deserving anger at this point. Every single third party game on this machine is a port of a game 5 or more years old that absolutely nobody could possibly be interested in without already owning a copy. No thanks.

I'm on board the Switch train. Gotta get my Nintendo fix and it seems to have some interesting features, and the ability to play on-the-go is definitely a plus. I have no interest in the PS4 or XBone since they're pretty much underpowered locked-down PCs; don't really bring anything new to the table. The Switch's power compared to them means little to me since their power pales in comparison to my PC.

Admittely my PC kills the PS4 and Xbox One, but it also can't play Everybody's Golf so there has to be allowances made here

My mate took the plunge and pre-ordered this thing so I at least get to see if Zelda doesn't suck

I'm still working on SNES and PS3 games and PS2-era PC games. My sister plays my Wii U, and I do like what the Switch has to offer, but contemporary games are not at the forefront of my mind, budget, nor schedule.

Anyone get one yet? Sounds like an alright unit, but with plenty of little issues that add up to me not even really considering it (at least until they release an updated version in a couple years). Lack of raw power is kind of a given, but the framerate drops people are reporting with Zelda while it's docked don't bode well for its future. If docking was more of a bonus feature, then it would be more forgivable, but not when it's been marketed as being a console and a handheld.

I just wish someone would release a tablet similar to the Switch that is x86-based running Windows or SteamOS and just enough horsepower to run last year's games at lower settings (several years old would work for my game buying habits, but probably wouldn't be as marketable). We're probably still a couple years from that being feasible, though.

Yeah, I went to walmart for the midnight release. Unfortunately I was the 8th in line and they wound up with only 3 units. Friend of mine wrote a scraper, though, to find the inventory of local Targets so I used that to find one the next morning.

Anyways, I'm enjoying it. Framerate drops in Zelda don't worry me too much because the game wasn't originally developed for the Switch so I doubt it's fully optimized. Also I haven't really noticed them yet, but I also haven't played much of it yet. Snipper Clips is a silly fun game I played today. Definitely on the casual spectrum, but there's nothing wrong with some casual silliness here and there. Also bought Fast RMX for some high-speed racing. Love the ability to play with a single joycon so its easy to get a multiplayer game going with the two joycons. My brother also has a Switch, so we used his joycons as well (super easy to pair, just plug them into the tablet and now they're paired) to get 4-player split-screen racing going on his projector.

This is my first time getting a console on launch day and I'm really enjoying it.

To be fair, they can do a bit of optimization and probably fix Zelda.

Wonder if the Wii U version runs any better, that would be odd.

Wonder if the Wii U version runs any better, that would be odd.
The Wii U version is stripped down (at least graphically), and has been in development for longer. Nintendo software engineers are more experienced in optimizing Wii U games at this point. Wii U games don't have to be conscientious about how much electric power is used.

Back