Nintendo 2DS

grossaffe

President Groosevelt
Staff member
2ds_ign-jpg.4093

Any cyclopses among us?

Sweet jesus no 3D isnt a deal breaker being I never used it. This looks so cool. I want it hard. Now and my XL got a super tiny tab of superglue on it and it drives me crazy. ( OCD) so I'll see if my warrenty still applies and get this.

I don't care about the lack of 3D, but the case design is god awful. 0/10 Nintendo apply yourself

The Nintendo 2DS? It's a real thing.

I stumbled across this YouTube video:

What the heck was Ninty thinking?

Re: The Nintendo 2DS? It's a real thing.

When I first saw that, I thought "Well that looks like a well made fake. Nintendo wouldn't try that."

Re: The Nintendo 2DS? It's a real thing.

orangeziggy84 said:
When I first saw that, I thought "Well that looks like a well made fake. Nintendo wouldn't try that."
This.

I mean, just look at its shape. It looks like a wedge of cheddar cheese.

No 3D for a cheaper system? Wonderful idea.

Ugly ass design and mono audio? Holy flax why.

It's targeted towards kids, so whatever though. Personally, I'd think they'd be more likely to scratch up the screen that way though.

It could actually be super interesting to see if a hinge mod and speaker mod can be achieved, and at a cheaper price than a standard 3DS.

The 3D makes me feel sick so this was originally relevant to my interests, but after looking at it now I'm not so sure. I liked that mod someone did long ago where they turned their phat/lite (can't remember which) ds into a slate design so I'm not sure why I don't like this.

I can't see 3D, so that was meaningless to me. I was glad when I saw mention of the 2DS and it being cheaper as I checked the headlines. However, this is my first time actually seeing what the 2DS looks like. The best thing about the GB and DS lines is the ability to take it anywhere in your pocket. Nintendo, I am disappoint.

thatguythere said:
I dont understand why this would be more appealing than a 3DS, just because it doesnt have the 3d feature? Give me a break.

3D is the flaxtest gimmick ever for both movies and games, and Nintendo we're stupid as *Can'tSayThisOnTV* to piggyback it.

This is basically them admitting 3D is flax and this is really funny to me tbh.

thatguythere said:
I dont understand why this would be more appealing than a 3DS, just because it doesnt have the 3d feature? Give me a break.
It's much cheaper and targeted towards kids.

Kickback said:
3D is the flaxtest gimmick ever for both movies and games, and Nintendo we're stupid as *Can'tSayThisOnTV* to piggyback it.

This is basically them admitting 3D is flax and this is really funny to me tbh.

It's a gimmick, but I don't consider them admitting 3D was flax with this. It's basically them trying to get money from parents who didn't buy their kids a 3DS since kids 7 and under aren't supposed to use the 3D.

Nintendo are too proud to admit they ever made a mistake, but we all know the 3D is actually just horrible and downright unusable sometimes.

I actually think this thing is kinda nice. While it does look a bit wonky at first, when you watch the videos it looks a lot more comfortable to hold to me, as someone who has rather largish hands. The pocketablity is gone, yes. But I do most of my handheld gaming at home anyway. I wish they would have kept the 3D though, as that is something I DO use most of the time while playing. I guess I'm one of the few who like the 3D feature.

Ninty is obviously going for a tablet like look. Most likely to suck in all the uninformed parents who just want their iPads/iPhones back from their 5 year olds.

I can see ALOT of broken screens without the clamshell design, that was probably a bad choice.

Being released the same day as Pokemon X and Y. I'd almost be tempted to pick a 2DS as a dedicated pokemon machine.

DK  said:
Being released the same day as Pokemon X and Y. I'd almost be tempted to pick a 2DS as a dedicated pokemon machine.

Another reason they decided to release this. ;)

I really hate this design. It just looks terrible IMO. Sometimes seeing is believing so I'll certainly check it out at my Target if they put up a station for it.

I'm still pretty torn about the 3D aspect. I find myself just turning it on to feel like I'm getting my money's worth. But after a quick "oh that looks neat" I turn off the 3D feature and rarely use it again. I care sooo much more about games and controls when it comes to handheld gaming.

Back