NinjaStation worklog

well actually inside was a pring and four metal things. two of the metal things came off. :( should i just buy a new playstation?

It probably broke because you didn't circumvent the chip smashers properly. You'll need a new playstation for sure.

Seriously though, if you can't deal with a simple power switch, this probably isn't for you yet. No offense.

i just don't have the right wire and stuff yet i took it apart and tweaked it a little and the broke off but if you don't think this is the project what is? but still in the portabilizing catagroie

If you aren't able to fix your power switch, portablizing probably isn't a good hobby to start with. You should try to learn on something easier (and cheaper), like LED modding some gameboys, maybe try to build your own controller for a NES or SNES, something along those lines. Once you become familiar with how power works, and wiring in general, come back to this. It'd be beyond easy to fix your power switch if you understood basic wiring.

zeturi said:
If you aren't able to fix your power switch, portablizing probably isn't a good hobby to start with. You should try to learn on something easier (and cheaper), like LED modding some gameboys, maybe try to build your own controller for a NES or SNES, something along those lines. Once you become familiar with how power works, and wiring in general, come back to this. It'd be beyond easy to fix your power switch if you understood basic wiring.

+1 but keep away from gameboys.

Thanks for the advice but i am probably going to stick to portabilzing. I got psone, took apart, i test and the psone disk tray stopped spinning. any hints?

Theres a switch that cuts power to the disc drive if the lid is open. If the psone isnt in its case, the switch wont be tripped. You'll need to short it or hold it down if you want it to work. ;)

Back