NGCP by Nikoil

Discussion in 'Gamecube' started by Nikoil, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Nikoil

Nikoil Member

NGCP

Many year ago when i was in school every week i watched Xplay tv show. Xplay make review on top best gamecube game. When it was i has only dandy. Then I think it best console in world. I very much wanted to get her for Christmas but..... And now after 10 year when i find this forum and learned about GC mod chip and how many peoples make portable console I decided to make a pocket version of the NGCPocket.

[​IMG]

2. Nikoil

Nikoil Member

Re: NGCP by Nikoil

I'll start with pictures. The cube should be a small and the first thing that comes to mind - likea elephant))

When I started I was nothing: cube, gamepad, memcard, display, buttons, triggers, mod mod chip etc. Almost all parts ordered from different countries, in my country gc - rarity.
    Today I received my console and already break it. Dimensions motherboard 11,9x12,6Sm (Pic 2,3) I ordered a small 3.5-inch display, controller, tact switches and another parts. Having dealt with the power supply. It is possible to remove the 12v supply line, and replace them on the five volts. We save 1 wire and plenty of space. The power board will be beyond the console.

[​IMG]

Disassembled joystick (pic 7-8) and controller board (pic 9). I will be use 3ds stick. Plastic case, controller board - no more needed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  3. Nikoil

Nikoil Member

Re: NGCP by Nikoil

Started working with the motherboard. No schemes and datasheet - too bad! Pcb has 4 layers and thickness - 2mm. Need make power line map and delete many components . Photos 10-11 Handy X-rays.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  4. Noah

Noah Frequent Poster

There are some (if they still exist) board scans that have been sanded that would probably help you since there aren't any datasheets.

5. Nikoil

Nikoil Member

Noah - Thank You! I know. I seen topik without soldering mask on board (really useful - he made big work) . A little bit later i publish what a scheme i use for my project: dc scheme, transparent overlay, cutting and pinout.

6. Nikoil

Nikoil Member

On (pic.13) remapping supply lines, transparent overlay for making the necessary circuits (pic.14). (Pic.15) pinout picture. Pic.16 is a cutting board line. The last photo of my motherboard after partial cutting. There were problems with the board after cutting, 5v line was in short circuit , and all because I was too lazy and not accurate :awesome:

[​IMG]

7. Nikoil

Nikoil Member

In AutoCAD I started modeling accessories and components. Attach a photo 3ds joystick (Pic 19), memory card, display, motherboard - 90% of the components.

[​IMG]

Few details: joysticks cpu, many buttons, wasp key cpu

[​IMG]

(pic30) main board prototype - v1

[​IMG]

Continued. Expected thickness between the motherboard and prototype board - 3mm)

[​IMG]

all together v3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And v24 model

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  8. watsug

watsug Well-Known Member

The detail you are planning this on is amazing. Hope the portable turn out well.

9. Nikoil

Nikoil Member

Reverse engineering

Gamepad

[​IMG]

Wasp Fusion

[​IMG]

3.5" TFT LCD

[​IMG]

10. ttsgeb

ttsgeb Breaker of Everything Staff Member

Those are some sexy scans and models.

WAIT

WTF

THOSE ARE *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING GIFS?

HOLY *Can'tSayThisOnTV* MAN.

You're my hero. <3

11. Nikoil

Nikoil Member

Components

Wasp Fusion

I connect modchip - working good!

[​IMG]

Now does not work)

[​IMG]

3.5" TFT LCD

I buy 3.5 inch display. I was surprised by his quality. For him test i connect xbox 360 and run gta 5 for 3.5 inch its beautiful. Small pcb on T118 chip, he can work on 480i has av input, svideo input, tv input and another cool hiden opportunity for future upgrades. Lcd - i shocked, so bright so juicy. My camera cant make real color this lcd - hi so bright and camera can't focus on him. Quality better then crt tv on this monitor i can read text! For lcd need 12v but if unsolder step down controller BM1410 (pic.41) and his parts we can use it with 5v. Electrolytic capacitor i change to tantalum capacitor. Quartz and inductor replaced, now he smd type (pic.42)

[​IMG]

Memory Card

Memcard. I buy 2pc on Ebay. From Japan,) original, was) like new!

[​IMG]

Another parts

Z-button (pic.47), capacitors, transistor for triggers trick on pic.49 (soon!), new small quartz for tv module.

[​IMG]

New small battery for bios, buttons for A B X Y on pic.52 (for button trick soon), joystick and potentiometer for amp.

[​IMG]

Av output, speakers, microsd card slot for wasp and SD Gecko, smd buttons for button trick will be use on d-pad, start button and A B X Y.

[​IMG]

Nokia camera button for trigger, many smd 0402, usb and all together.

[​IMG]

Smd buttons idea pic.63-66

[​IMG]

And trigger trick with nokia 2 click camera button for trigger + scheme

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  12. Nikoil

Nikoil Member

Main PCB

I make this scheme 2 weeks and when i finished i very want pcb factory quality and i get it + ~3 weeks

In process

[​IMG]

Scheme on 3d model

[​IMG]

Photo view

[​IMG]

My babe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pcb after cutting

[​IMG]

Dc supply board

[​IMG]

Trigger and sound board

[​IMG]

Wasp fusion, memcard and sd gecko board

[​IMG]

Dimensions check

[​IMG]

Final cutting GCP board with panel together

[​IMG]

After >200 components

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tft lcd, gamepad, wasp, sd\memcard board working fine. But I'm not happy:( And i forgot put in this pcb amp )

[​IMG]

3ds triggers without mounting. Only 4 wires. Its no good. I have new cool idea. Will be in new pcb ver.

[​IMG]

v2 memory card/sd gecko/wasp wires pcb

[​IMG]

The portable gamecube assembly on pic.93 . All bugs fixed. Added front buttons panel and back speaker panel - this drawing need for quality cutting. I will be make it on cnc.

[​IMG]

Disassembled analogue stick. Total was 3 pcs plastic parts. I use only 2. Only one click and part installed! Without glue, screw or another dubious ways. This much better then was see 88-91pic

[​IMG]

Main pcb - assembly process. Need select buttons for the cross button. Its will be when i get my front button panel.

[​IMG]

And main pcb - FINISHED

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    public-pervert, watsug and ttsgeb like this.
  13. Pinotte

Pinotte Member

Holly flax! That is really amazing work... It all looks so professionnal. I've never seen anyone do such adavanced things for a gamecube portable.
    And can I get a link for that screen please? :p

14. Nikoil

Nikoil Member

Thank You!

I bought this screen on dx but i check now - sold out Click

Pinotte likes this.
  15. Fluxedo

Fluxedo Well-Known Member

Can you provide a link or part number for these Nokia camera buttons? Thanks!

16. Blargaman91

Blargaman91 Well-Known Member

This is amazing. Such planning and detail shows serious dedication, which I respect. It's also very cool to see something so different and new done with a GameCube portable.

17. Shank

Shank Formerly Known As Dyxlesci

Truly incredible. Why haven't you just removed the CPU and GPU from the gamecube motherboard and BGA soldered them to your custom circuit board at this point? You have done essentially everything else.

18. Nikoil

Nikoil Member

This button is not uncommon Сlick
    Thanks)
    It possible. I thought about that but GС will be bigger + luxury price

19. Diminuendo

Diminuendo Well-Known Member

incredible

20. DefaultLik

DefaultLik Member

HOLY flax :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    you have put so much work into it! I want to see the final product so bad!