New kickstarter handheld!!!

However, many gamers would agree that they are in their true natural habitat when in direct control of that experience with physical buttons and a real d-pad or authentic analog control. The world just needed these two ideas combined into one package for the gaming community.

Talk about late to the party.

No seriously, REAL late, this is starting to take the piss a bit now.

Display: 3.5 inch LCD with 320x240 pixels; 4::3: aspect ratio is ideal for retro gaming

Really.. okay, 4::3: is good for retro gaming sure, but this can run 'classic' PC games, in 320x240? About 1/3 of the resolution of the iPod Touch? Not to mention the HTC One X is 1280x720, that's seriously just pitiful, considering they are adding HDMI-Out, why is the resolution of their screen so small?

Good on them for giving it a go, but i'm not very optimistic about this, as far as "open source/android handheld" goes, they are incredibly late, and considering the specs are pretty meh, and people will have to port their games to it other than it just running Android games.. I really don't see any sort of bright future for this thing at all.

Apparently they are having trouble getting N64 to run properly.

And it doesn't have enough buttons ...... sigh

hailrazer said:

That too, have fun emulating Playstation with one analog stick & 2 shoulder buttons.

This just proves that pretty much anything will get backed on Kickstarter.

Ridiculously outdated specs on this. It's 2013, not 2010. Unless they do a major overhaul on those specs it's not worth even looking at. Hate to be so blunt, but it's true.

The only portable that'll run gamecube games any time soon is a portablized GameCube.

I bet we are so far off emulating Gamecube yet, i'd compare it to PS2, but the PS2 is pretty complex and undocumented hard-ware wise.. so yeah.

I wonder if Android has a good Amiga emulator yet

hailrazer said:

Really? I thought if any console would run well on it early on, it would be N64 since it's built on a MIPS processor.

Back