**NEED HELP WITH GAMECUBE OPTICAL DRIVE!!!**

Hey all I am looking to make a GameCube portable I have everything but the optical drive working, I need to find a way to solder the optical drive to the motherboard but have had no luck so far can anyone help me find a diagram to solder the two together, the two ports that connected to each other originally removed so I need to solder each individual wire please help!!!

HtlBjHQ.png

eJXQt7x.png

Match same numbers to same numbers
Disk Drive daughterboard pins are numbered, with that picture as reference orientation:
31- 29-27-25-....-7-5-3-1
32-30-28-26-...-8-6-4-2

Thank you so much! So im trying to fully understand this because I dont see all of the numbers there on the daughterboard

Is it posible to label the daughterboard to see where exactly the numbers are?

HtlBjHQ.png

eJXQt7x.png

Match same numbers to same numbers
Disk Drive daughterboard pins are numbered, with that picture as reference orientation:
31- 29-27-25-....-7-5-3-1
32-30-28-26-...-8-6-4-2

Last edited by a moderator:

All of the information you need to make this chart is there on the board. You'll need to learn to recognize the patterns and conventions. If you look, the silkscreening has all four corners of the pinout labeled. The way the labels are places tells you that odd numbers are on the top and even on the bottom, and it goes in descending order from left to right. The mainboard is a lot less obvious, but if you still have a connector around, it's easy enough to see how it goes together.

This is all really helpful thank you so much!

Im noticing that the mother board has some number blocked out does that mean those are not necessary to use

Last edited by a moderator:
They aren't blocked out. The Black ones are ground and the red ones are power.
Just like with the other picture, follow the pattern. The four right-most pins are 2-4-6-8 and get connected to 2-4-6-8 on the daughterboard, the 9 leftmost pins get connected to the 9 leftmost pins on the daughterboard.

Back