Need Help - Wii Classic Controller Rewired for the SNES

Discussion in 'Wii' started by NoGoN, Apr 9, 2014.

1. NoGoN

NoGoN Newb

So i'm trying to figure out how to rewire my Wii classic Controller to work on my SNES. So far searching for 2 hours I could not find someone who has done it or an adapter to do it, all i came up with was a PC adapter or even SNES controller adapter to work on the Wii. Last forums I posted on for help all I got was why would you want to use a Wii classic controller on the SNES (with no help in the end). So please hold your thoughts on that if you disagree with this for some reason. I dont mind chopping a Super nintendo controller wire and basically splice the two together. I know that the joysticks would be disabled for good and so on. Any and all help on how to do this would be amazing TY =D.

2. vskid3

vskid3 Well-Known Member

Easiest thing to do would be stuffing a SNES controller's guts into the Classic controller and lining up/wiring up the controls to work. Building an adapter to translate the signals would be best because the Classic controller would still work with a Wii, but swapping the guts would be much quicker.

3. NoGoN

NoGoN Newb

I dont care if the Wii classic controller doesnt work with the Wii after setting it up for the SNES. Basically want the Wii classic controller intact (with its buttons) but able to be plugged into my SNES. But I do appreciate the feedback and will take it into consideration if I cant get another way for this to work.