Need help getting screen to work

I've just started working on building a ps2 portable and need help making one of the screens I have show anything. I don't have it hooked up to the ps2 motherboard yet, just testing to see if the screens will work. I'm currently hooking a hdmi cable from my laptop into a hdmi to ttl decoder board with the ttl connection from the screen into the board. The decoder board has power and lights up saying that it has power and that the screen is connected, but the screen dosent show anything. The flat flex cable connecting the screen to the board has plus and minus symbols like it needs to be connected to power but there's no place to solder a connection and I've never heard about needing to connect ttl screens to power. This is my first time using ttl screens in any project, so sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Did the screen and drive board come together or did you buy them separately? Sometimes, even though a board has the same number of pins, it wont work with a given screen because drive boards have to be programed for the specific screen used.

I got the screen out of an old tablet I had laying around. Is there some way I could reprogram the board to work with the screen?

What is the convert you're using? All of the HDMI to TTL decoders I've seen don't scale the video, so the input video has to be exactly the same resolution as the screen or it may not work. The board should be able to provide power to the screen without any soldering.

Yea you need to program that for the specific screen you are using. Consider buying a screen that comes with a drive board compatible with what you want it to accept.

Back