Nathan Barnatt Portable Gamecube

Status
Not open for further replies.
zeturi said:
Looks really polished from what I can see. Did you use a wavebird? And a psone screen?

none of the above.

I started with a normal gamecube controller, sawn it in half, drew around a screen I had which was 5.4 inch (which later broke. It was like £10 or something from ebay) and then cut out a plastic piece with the screen area cut out. Mounted the controller halves to each side, bondoed and sanded, then built up the rest of the case around it. If you see it up close, it actually says on the front of it "Portable Gamecube" with the gamecube logo and my website name logo and url on the back.

Can you link to the screen you used? It looks like a very nice one for the moment it's showing. Also, great work on the controller and screen. It really looks like it was meant to be built that way.

Looks awesome!! Nice clean build :mrgreen: . Pity the cube itself is not built in though. Wouldn't like to carry a huge cube on my belt :p

Since it's a commission I doubt he wanted it any different. :D

zenloc said:
Looks awesome!! Nice clean build :mrgreen: . Pity the cube itself is not built in though. Wouldn't like to carry a huge cube on my belt :p

Since it's a commission I doubt he wanted it any different. :D

The problem with something like this is that it needs to be recognisable as a gamecube to the mass audience. What easier way than to have an actual gamecube on his belt?

Looks cool. Surely walking around with a game cube on your belt makes the disc jump all over the place though!?

Simply amazing, I've been hearing about this for a while now from Nathan! It turned out better than I had expected.

I think he said he was going to bring it to SGC with him.

I can't wait to play it! :awesome:

Michaelthurston said:
Simply amazing, I've been hearing about this for a while now from Nathan! It turned out better than I had expected.

I've just had it back for repairs. When is SGC?

EnterTheHatrix said:
Michaelthurston said:

SGC is July 4th Weekend. I'm sure you'll have it done by then, Right? :gonk:

Michaelthurston said:
EnterTheHatrix said:
Michaelthurston said:

Yeah, that's fine. I've just got to replace the faulty wire and then respray. I'm also going to add a hook so he can clip the screen half to his belt as well. The problem is I'm also juggling another commission at the same time and I expected that to be completed mid-june, so I'm going to need to find some spare time somewhere to get both done.

EnterTheHatrix said:
Michaelthurston said:
EnterTheHatrix said:
Michaelthurston said:

Yeah, that's fine. I've just got to replace the faulty wire and then respray. I'm also going to add a hook so he can clip the screen half to his belt as well. The problem is I'm also juggling another commission at the same time and I expected that to be completed mid-june, so I'm going to need to find some spare time somewhere to get both done.

Take your time man! even if its not done by then, At least it'll be the best quality. I love this thing! :awesome:

zeturi said:
Can you link to the screen you used? It looks like a very nice one for the moment it's showing. Also, great work on the controller and screen. It really looks like it was meant to be built that way.

It's shopped, the screen.

Awesome build work.

I was about to say, there is no screen that looks that good in direct sunlight. Especially without reflection.

Why would you bump a 6 year old thread to ask someone for a worklog when they haven't logged on in over 6 years?

I, too, am pretty sure we have rules.
Does anyone know what happened to the rules thread? D:
Yeah, XenForo doesn't have globals by default so you'll need to get an extension. The rules thread should be where ever it was first posted (probably F47)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back