N64 won't work on any of my TVs

Discussion in 'N64' started by Ogie, Oct 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ogie

Ogie Newb

I have a Emerson HD TV, Sylvania VHS TV, and a Durabrand SDTV TV

What kind of TV do I need for my N64 to work? Or is there something wrong with my N64?

*=Edited because I may have sounded insensitive, and I apologise for that. I only wanted to know if there was a connection problem that may have been caused by too many plugged into two different TVs with the same extension and surge cables.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. vskid3

vskid3 Well-Known Member

It should work on any TV that takes composite (yellow RCA connector). Do the TVs do anything when the N64 is turned on? Are game and jumper/expansion pak good? Try turning it on without a game, then again with a game.

No one cares how many consoles you have. It only sounds like bragging if you say you're not trying to brag. Most of us have more consoles anyway.

3. Ogie

Ogie Newb

I'm so sorry if it sounded like bragging!! :( I only wanted to know if it was too many connected to too many TVs (which I fear may have caused a connection problem), and no, none of the TVs do a thing. I'm gonna try to go take it to a repair store if it work today.

4. frostedfires

frostedfires Member

Make sure the cartridge slot is cleaned real good. Use a can of air or blow air in to remove buildup of dust. Try more than one game too. The game might be broken. The N64 will not show any picture if there is no game in the system or if the jumper pak is missing. Try cleaning all of the connections well.

Does the N64 red light turn on? If not then the N64 is probably broken and you should just buy a new one.

If the red light does turn on and you tried multiple games, etc. Then I would suggest buying one that works on eBay for $20.

5. Ogie

Ogie Newb

It's fixed! Thanks.

6. frostedfires

frostedfires Member

Nice! What was wrong with it?

7. Ogie

Ogie Newb

It was the power cord and it wasn't plugged in tight enough. I'm new at older video games and it's been forever since I last played my N64. I hope that it works now at home since it just got fixed at the place. It worked there and it should work at home.