Moving from softmodded wii to wii u

ojmanyeah

So I have modded my Wii with the homebrew channel and such. I mostly use it just to play backups of my games so that i can take it over to my friends house without having to carry around all my games. Also it has just come to my attention that gamecube backups are now for the most part playable on the Wii U. I recently got a Wii U, am quite enjoying it, and was wondering how the transfer process is going over to the U with a modded Wii. I don't want to screw up anything on either end and I don't want to have to re-rip all my wii/gamecube games. Any help?

Best bet I feel would be to have an sd card to transfer everything over. I could be wrong just cause I don't own a WiiU but at the same time I did read that the WiiU takes an external hdd as well so that is a possibility as well. At the same time I'm unsure of how that brew works so definitely use Google you might be able to find something to help.

Make a nand backup and give it a shot?

I'm doubtful that the homebrew channel and such would transfer over, but it would be easy to reinstall all that.

Worse case scenario you restore your nand backup and try something else.

Back