Midwest Gaming Classic 2016 Hype Train Choo Choo

wallydawg

Midwest Gaming Classic 2016
Friday April 8 - Sunday April 10
at the Shearaton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Brookfield, Wisconsin (just west of Milwaukee Wisconsin)

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com

2015 Show Highlights:
Inaugural Friday Night preshow was fun. A lot of the event rooms were open to check out, just couldn't venture into the vendor's "temporary structure" (it's a giant tent but I got Dad-scolded for calling it such the first year it was used)
There were Bands! That was pretty cool. Even that weird one with the theremin and the lady yelling a megaphone into a microphone and beating on a war drum.
A flax ton of streetpass to collect. You could collect puzzle pieces and clear them out for the entire 72 hours of the event.

There was a Primal Rage 2 Arcade Cabinet to play, the only (Working) one in existence IIRC
Somebody had a Oculus Rift, probably.
Every console set up to play
Tons of Arcade Games and Pinballs set up for free play (250+)
Lots of vintage computers set up to play.
Different setups of genre's; A lightgun setup, a Bullethell setup, a Steel Battallion multiplayer setup, etc.

I've been running space since 2010 for mods, fixes, portables and projects to display. Marshall will have his new UltraHDMI dealy along with a 64drive setup. We'll also have a 3D Printer running PLA all weekend and tons of prints to display. Bring a completed portable to show off, or BYOT(ools) if you wan to work on something there.

Modretro Collective:
Bentomo comes every year as long as I can remember.
Bentendo64 was there last year. I think we met him lol.
ttsgeb is coming even if we have to get a pizza delivered way out of the delivery zone every day.
I'm going to bug Shockslayer during every one of his twitch streams to come and y'all should do the same even if you don't plan on coming lol.

2016 Show Highlights:
You?

I will be there again! Unless something comes up or I die. Then I probably won't be there. Maybe this time I'll actually bring something to work on. :)

Last year, I bought 5 copies of F1 race for the Gameboy. It's actually a pretty fun game with four people.

ShockSlayer said:
Joeyjoe9876 said:
there's a possibility that me and my room mates might show up

make sure all your mom's friends are in good health this time

:lol:
Finally out on my own, that is no longer that big of an issue. I also have my own vehicle now! life has been kinda cool lately.

ShockSlayer said:
Joeyjoe9876 said:
there's a possibility that me and my room mates might show up

make sure all your mom's friends are in good health this time
*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing got him.
Joey, you are the biggest POS I have ever met.

That being said... I love you.

wWFhk09.png

GodDang I hope I can get parental permission to go
probably not but still

Jebus that's a lot of layovers.

What about if you just go to Chicago and have me drag you up there with me?

Haha I purposely went and found the most expensive ticket I could.

If I was going to go, I'd just drive down. It's only a few days drive.

My finals are all during that week though, so I won't be able to make it this year, unfortunately.

So who all is going cause I'm totally down to go. Not a far drive from me at all.

Can't wait to meet you beauties IRL ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Back