Mashing together 2 controllers into one

Genaga

Newb
Hello guys

First of all, I have little experience with modding (how often do you hear that?).

I have a plan on pulling apart 2 controllers and putting a switch on the top of one. The idea is that when it is switched the Controller will connect to my Xbox one, then switched again, it will connect to my PC (using the xbox one wireless dongle). So I don't have to resync all the time.

Does anyone have any experience in the internals of the xbox one controller and know if this is possible?

Kind regards

Dominic

Hey, welcome to the forums!

I'll venture a guess and say few here have much experience with xbox1 controllers, so this will be new territory - I say give it a go!

I can't help you with that, however if you have a spare USB cable, if you plug it into your controller and then the Xbox One it will sync it automatically.

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome!

I don't think the xbox one controller is very well documented yet anyway, but I still have a few things to read.

The basic idea for my project is, I want a Raspberry Pi, with a wireless Xbox one receiver plugged in. Then HDMI to the "HDMI in" on the back of the Xbox.

The idea is that I can go to the TV app on my Xbox and I will be able to see the Raspberry Pi stuff, press the switch on the controller and be able to control the raspberry pi. (The Pi will be full of emulators ;D)

Of course I am being lazy but I kinda like the idea of being able to play almost everything on my Xbox one, Bit of Halo 5 then straight to Crash Bandicoot sounds amazing.

I have seen a controller that connects to Xbox One & Xbox 360, however this is wired. I could possibly try and hack a Xbox 360 wireless into it, but I feel like that may end up being a lot more work.

I'll keep you guys updated of course ;D

Back