looking for pinouts for lcd screen

Hi guys im looking for pinouts for this lcd screen taken from an old portable dvd player the part number for the screen is TW070WA-02L02D I cant find the part number for the control board i will provide pics any help is greatly appreciated

hi i have taken pics but the site wont accept jpeg png or bmp ?? sorry

And no there are 2 boards the high voltage backlight board runs vertical to the screen and the picture board runs along the bottom both boards are the full height and width of the screen respectively im trying to add pictures but its not letting me i may use a image hosting site but they tend to be full of adware

Last edited:
2r7ab02.gif
[/IMG]
2r7ab02.gif
[/IMG]
2r7ab02.gif

hope that worked

The pictures are too blurry to see anything, but it looks to me like the screen uses an LVDS signal. If that's true, then you can't use the screen for anything without some other hardware to create an LVDS signal.

well originaly i thought i had borked it as the board which i assumed was the control board got snapped . i then found that it had its control board incased in the screen portion . now i find out that i probably needed the first board lol oh well the dvd player was broken anyway . dont realy have the money to buy a dedicated screen for my projects right now so ill just have to wait thanks by the way

The biggest chip on the board is probably your LCD controller, look for datasheets for it and see what inputs it takes.

hmm i have searched al strings of letters and numbers on the chip looking for data sheets and cant find a thing

the writing on the chip goes

TORISAN
LC240318
XE8 3LKOG < THE O IN THAT MAY BE A ZERO

OK so i made a mistake the 8 is in fact a b but i still cant find the data sheet only the price lol oh £6 in case you care lol

dsp controller ? does that sound right ?

the correct chip is this

LC24031b

I can't find any datasheet, but it doesn't look like a normal video decoder. I imagine it receives an LVDS signal and converts it to 24-bit parallel RGB for the LCD to use, which is likely no help to you. It might take an analog signal, but there's kind of no way to know without more information.

Last edited:
ok bud thanks for the help im itching to get started on my first real project been on this site for a while now just looking around asking the odd quiestion here and there . one thing i have plenty of is old consoles too many to list in fact .
i was hoping to get this screen up and running as the only other screen i have is attached to a ps2 controller and its about 2 inches corner to corner lol .
im thinking of building a laptop of some kind as i have a few old pc monitors lying around and i assume its relatively easy to get a vga signal from most consoles i know its quite easy on dreamcast .. for example also pulled 4 360s from my loft today and theye all work but are in pretty bad shape cosmetic wise might do something with them do you have any ideas on my first project ? blargaman . i have considered turning my hard modded xbox into an arcade machine but just dont know where to start ... anyway thanks again . THIS THREAD CAN NOW BE CLOSED THANK YOU

I've only ever done Nintendo stuff because I love their games. So my favorites are the Wii and GameCube. A laptop is a good idea for a first project if you can find a good way to make hinges. As for what you put inside, it can be anything, really.

You can use laptop screens if you find a controller board for them online (they generally have LVDS type signal input).

Well i have a few gamecubes (never managed to get one open) and too many wiis lol and you say i can use a laptop screen ?? huh right at this moment im trying to fix my girlfreinds laptop that has just inexplicably stopped working im just waiting a few hours to see if the fuse resets itself if not i have a laptop i can take apart .i would prefer to use a pc monitor though as i only need to provide power and a vga signal . soooo many options sooo little knowledge lol

Back