RANDOM FACT: For anyone curious, the fan runs off 5v.
wwGT6ij.png
Yea, we know. Don't worry about trying to provide information, we got that covered.

Your portable will cost more than that when all is said and done.

I honestly don't know what to tell you on that front because I never made the portable that 14-year-old me dreamed of, and now I'm an adult with a job so I never had to solve that issue.

My dad has to order the parts, bucause I dont have a bank account. My dad said that the total price needs to be low. everything in the cart adds up to about $260. With that said, I need to find cheaper parts.
How cheap exactly? You're not going to make a portable for much less than that, especially on your first try

You may have to *gasp* earn your own money.

Using non PTH08080 regs is a sure fire way to fail. They overheat super easily and are prone to not working.

There is no way that you're going to build a complete Wii Portable off of that budget. Compromising with poor quality materials will ruin your project and end up wasting money. I've gotten some crazy good deals, free stuff, broken almost nothing, and still spent almost $400 on my portable. I don't regret spending that money, because I trust the quality of the materials I used.

Cheaping out on parts is a terrible idea.

We used to get TI regulators for free via their samples program, does anyone know if that's still doable? Last I checked you had to claim to be a small business and make up some fake name or something.

I can. But I don't have a bank account, and I am not aloud to work.
I haven't had to use a bank account for portablizing, and I don't have a job either. Yet I fund everything I make myself. Mow a lawn, petsit, do some chores, or find another way to raise the money. I customize consoles and sell them, but before that, I hunted through craigslist and bought cheap things, resold them for more, and made a bit of money that way. Before that, I babysat. Just because you can't enter the workforce doesn't mean you have no way of making money. In the past to spend my cash online, I've sometimes asked a friend or a parent to take my cash and buy me the item I want using their card. You don't need a bank account and you don't need a job to buy things online, you just need the willingness to do the work.

You can buy a Visa or AmEx gift card from anywhere and use it online.

I don't know what not being allowed "to work" entails. If you're not allowed to commit to a traditional hourly job, well, you're 14, that's normal, and try to find odd jobs like Keirstin suggested.

If your dad is a wealthy, authoritative (Indian immigrant?) Dad, and you're not allowed to manage your own finances by any metric or get odd jobs independently (lest you step out of their sight into the dangerous world or gain enough independence to start questioning "authority"), well then I'm afraid you're *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed.

If you cheap out, you are about to spend a whole lot of money on parts that you won't end up using in your portable

If you cheap out, you are about to spend a whole lot of money on parts that you won't end up using in your portable
I'll have you know that I have proven without a doubt that cheaping out is not the only way to spend a whole lot of a money on parts that you won't end up using in your portable...

My dad has to order the parts, bucause I dont have a bank account. My dad said that the total price needs to be low. everything in the cart adds up to about $260. With that said, I need to find cheaper parts.
Okay, You don't need to buy everything at the same time.
Buy your soldering iron, find one in a garage sale, or goodwill to practice with that.

Buy in an order like this:

soldering stuff (Iron, solder, etc)
Wires
Wii
Regs

Screen
controller

Battery Protection
battery

Case materials
END

Now before you ask any questions, I want you to google.

Cheers and good luck

Back