Fiskers1208

This was originally intended to be a project on my "Wii portable." In the end, I obviously never built this. I feel like I should mention a couple things

-My dad didn't own a tesla. This thread was during a time where spoiled rich kids snaps were a thing. I wanted to imitate it as a joke, but I took it way to far. From a more personal note, I remember lying a lot back then.
*I took it way too far, and I apologize for that. In retrospect, I made a fool of someone I look up to a lot.
-In the end, I never built the portable. The primary reason was money. A lot of people said to find work and make money, and that's perfectly fine. The problem is, I wasn't allowed to get a job. In my family, the parents make money while the kids (me) study hard. My dad was cool buying everything for this project as long as it was cheap, but that's not really possible in this hobby. Heck, my plan was to use a Walmart soldering iron for this project. Nowadays, my parents are cool with me getting a job. I think I'll work on a portable sometime down the road.
*Another problem was the end goal. For most people into this hobby, portablizing involves getting out of your comfort zone to build something great. My goal was have a device where I could play pirated games. Staying motivated while having that as a goal isn't viable.
-If there were pretentious assholes scouring around, just know that it wasn't me. I left this scene during the summer of 2017. I gained an interest in cars, then music, then electronics. I might work on a portable one day.

I'm kind of glad that I never started the portable, because building a Wii portable require a lot of talent. I didn't possess the talent, so I saved myself 2-300 dollars. I want to thank the Bitbuilt and Modretro staff and members for tolerating my BS. Even though there was no evidence of me building a portable, you still helped out. I'm grateful.

I'm really sorry for everything I did. It's shameful that I was a negative part of console modding history. I look at old emails and decided to delete my account it out of embarrassment and shame. Although I tried deleting as many things, I can't delete everything. I feel like editing these posts will soften the blow to my reputation.

Last edited:
That's it.
Not quite. To name a few notable omissions:

joysticks/3ds sliders
Audio amp
Speakers
Regulators
Shoulder, start and Z buttons
tact switches
mushy tact switches
Power jack(s)
fan
heatsink
Shielded wire
Extra wiis because most people mess up their first wii cut

lipo batteries( or Tesla batteries from my dad's model x)
1. Tesla batteries are standard Li-Ion
2. Tesla uses standard 18650 cells
3. Using used lithium batteries seems dumb
4. Don't *Can'tSayThisOnTV* with your father's car. Tesla repair costs get absurd quickly.
5. You got your IP banned from BitBuilt out of sheer stupidity so have fun getting their Wii docs

Barely 12 hours after I post progress pics too....

Btw don't touch the Tesla batteries, you'll void the warranty.

how big is the Atari lynx 2?
230mm x 105mm x 45mm at the widest points by my measurements. Which sounds like a lot, and it is, but do be careful. With your track record, I must recommend planning out EVERYTHING first. Make a paper box of the provided dimensions to physically evaluate how big it is in your hands, and plan accordingly. Write a list, check it thrice, draw everything and work out exactly how much space you have, what you need, and where things will go. And ya stole mah name bro, not cool.

The Atari Lynx 2 is slightly smaller than the Game Gear, but bigger in depth, or something like that. Very similar in size anyway.

Please don't kill a working Lynx 2 for this project they aren't that easy to come by.

The Atari Lynx 2 is slightly smaller than the Game Gear, but bigger in depth, or something like that. Very similar in size anyway.

Please don't kill a working Lynx 2 for this project they aren't that easy to come by.
Recycle, don't murder.

The broken screen ones become awesome donors for those McWill screens too.

The Lynx probably has better games than the Wii tbh lol

Quite a bold claim there, friend.

Emulators don't count, Super Mario World is not a PC game because it runs on RetroArch.

I'll give you Gamecube because you just need to slot a disc in and connect a controller and it runs, but being able to run emulators doesn't suddenly make something a Wii game, and 95% of the Wii library is motion control trash.

I'm not your friend either.

Emulators don't count, Super Mario World is not a PC game because it runs on RetroArch.

I'll give you Gamecube because you just need to slot a disc in and connect a controller and it runs, but being able to run emulators doesn't suddenly make something a Wii game, and 95% of the Wii library is motion control trash.

I'm not your friend either.
95% of the games could be dora the explorer, but they don't matter unless you're playing them. It's about the 5% and how good those were. That's why I have 10x more crappy GameCube games laying around than I have good GameCube games. That doesn't make it a lame console by any means, it just means you learn to sort out games that are worth playing. Don't forget virtual console either :p that's plug and play with no modification as well.

So are you ever going to actually start anything or just post pictures of other people's portables? I'll be supportive when I see progress, but I have seen a lot of talk for someone who has yet to pick up an iron.

This is normally the part where I would suggest reading up on all the guides on BB, but you kind of screwed yourself on that one. Maybe find a computer you haven't been IP banned on, and print the guides, so you can reference them at your convenience WITHOUT MAKING AN ACCOUNT. Ive said it before, and Ill say it again, I want you to make a portable, and will try to help when you get completely stuck, but I also want you to stop misguiding new users and spewing flax all over the place.

INB4 Warning for inappropriate advertising or spam

Back