Little wiring help?

epicelite

Frequent Poster
Well I am doing a PSone with build in controls and I am almost done, just need bondo/paint. :dahroll:

Anyway I also need to do the final wiring of the controller to the PSone mainboard, but I also want to be able to use an external controller normally.

If I were to just solder the wires for the internal one to the mainboard, would I need a switch to turn the internal controller on/off to use a external one?

Also how would I do this with a memory card? :gonk:

Yes you would need a switch to use an internal controller and an external one.

I'm not sure what you mean about the memory card though. :neutral2:

Argelfraster said:
Yes you would need a switch to use an internal controller and an external one.

I'm not sure what you mean about the memory card though. :neutral2:

I mean the same thing, I want a internal one and the ability to use a external one.

I suppose I just add a switch to the "V+" line and I should be good to go?

EDIT: Here is a pic of my mod, bondo time! ::3:

PSone_mod.png

painted.jpg

Any way to trigger this to happen with a external controller is plugged in?

Some kind of switch I can use?

There are like no good spots to put the analog sticks, the only real spot u can put them in is where the power/CDopen button go but they u cant use them to play games very well. So I just used a original controller that had no analog.

BTW, your shoulder buttons look way better than mine. I think I'd better break down and just buy some acetone so I can make some abs cement so I can get something looking like that.

Since you're problem with the memory card is (I guess) solved, how are other parts of the electronics going? Also, this portable will be flip-up with a psone screen like LOB's, right?

So anyway I ended up frying the PS controller. :oops:

I do have a Dualshock tho, but I have no room for the analog sticks, can the dualshock with without the analog sticks hooked up, probably.

My worry is what if that button that turns the analog sticks on gets pressed, doesn't it disable the d-pad?
Y/N?

If not I can finish this project yet! :dah:

I'm not sure if its off by default.
What you want to do is to plug the controller into a console. Press the button as many time as you need to, to make it disable the joysticks.
Then some simple desoldering should do the trick.

Back