Lightning's FINAL PlayStation 2 Portable design

Discussion in 'PlayStation 2 (PS2)' started by Lightning, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Miggas

Miggas Member

If that's the case i just have to choose from THIS logic circuit list the most appropriate one. If you could suggest one i'd be happy.
    I'm insisting on the ADV7125 because it's cheaper and more versatile for me.

EDIT: I've made a DIY temporary oscilloscope with an Arduino Nano to test the output signal from the EE+GS chip and according to my calculations it measures about 1.85v HIGH and 0.4V LOW

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. Lightning

Lightning Active Member

3. Miggas

Miggas Member

Thanks for the circuit.
    By the way, the pins 33 to 36, where do they connect?
    And the PWRDN_IO?

4. gman

gman Well-Known Member

I would not recommend using 24 logic level shifters, that is way overkill man just use a 1.8v video dac.

5. Lightning

Lightning Active Member

33 and 34 go to the HDMI plug, 35 and 36 are for programming the device, they hook up to a serial bridge

6. Miggas

Miggas Member

This serial bridge, can it be an Arduino with an lcd and a custom menu to program the IC on the go?

I don't mind overkill as long as it works, and it's cheaper to make. And to to mention i already have a few logic level shifters.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  7. Lightning

Lightning Active Member

I don't know what the arduino is capable of in terms of IC programming, truth be told I'm probably just gonna get a USB-Serial adapter and set all the internal regisers using my PC

8. Lightning

Lightning Active Member