Light wii trimming

Hi, i want to know if it's possible to cut it like this for a portable project. And if so, what happens with this small piece?
iRQZdVQ.jpg

This specific trim shouldn't cause any issues, but I can't know for certain unless I know the revision. If you let me know which it is, I can tell you if it will cause issues, or if you will need to run a wire or two to connect something that was severed in the process.

That trim will work, since it's a RVL-40. The button you have circled is the eject button, which will not be used if you do USB/SD loading of games. As gman said, make sure to sand the edges well. It would also be a good idea to mask off the board with some painters tape or something, to ensure that no metal dust gets underneath something, as that can cause problems.

Also, if you want, you can cut more off. The board pictured is a high enough revision, so it will work with the guide gman linked.

That picture is a photo of an RVL-40, but that isn't his board. Thats a picture of a board of mine I uploaded 2 years ago.
Is your board the same revision as the one pictured? (RVL-CPU-40)

If your board is the same revision as the one pictured, or one of these below, then you can cut that part off just fine, or use the trimming guide.
RVL-CPU-40
RVL-CPU-50
RVL-CPU-60
RVK-CPU-01
RVK-CPU-02

If it is one of these, you MIGHT have to run a jumper wire to connect a voltage line to reconnect a severed voltage layer, but that is unconfirmed.
RVL-CPU-10
RVL-CPU-01
RVL-CPU-20
RVL-CPU-30

Back