Kasar's GCp guide!

Discussion in 'Gamecube' started by Tchay, Dec 31, 2009.

1. RaAaK the FoX

RaAaK the FoX Member

2. Tchay

Tchay Frequent Poster

40 bucks at Batteryspace.com will get you 4 cells and around 2 hours battery life.

You may even find some around that price with higher amperage (but larger) and get 3-4 hours batt life.

3. RaAaK the FoX

RaAaK the FoX Member

thx :) :D

4. jrikard0

jrikard0 Member

Hi, I'm building this wonderful console that only lasted a few years, I still work, and I have everything needed for construction, the problem is that my electronic and calculations are given very little and I would like vajo know which way the voltage from 8v 11.1va, I am currently using a LM317T to lower the battery voltage and adjusted to 7.5 v eh that are necessary for the screen, but after a while you leave the LCD flashes some stripes or simple mind off
    using the original power eliminator nothing happens, hopefully I can guide Greetings! : roll :: roll:

5. chubylord

chubylord Member

Can I solder my composite cable directly to the mobo pinout? Like can I just cut it open, strip the shielding and solder it? Thanks!

6. Tchay

Tchay Frequent Poster

Yes you can. But make sure to solder to the correct composite pin. And the cable must be grounded (the aluminum shielding or wiring that surrounds the composite wire should be soldered to the grounding of the motherboard).

7. chubylord

chubylord Member

So basically open the wire, strip the rubber shielding and then solder it to the board. What part do I solder to the ground?

8. Tchay

Tchay Frequent Poster

This part
    http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/ ... shield.jpg

Or the black wire that is inside of your cable. Any frayed/loose wire inside the cable is used for grounding.

9. kasar

kasar Member

you may need to add also a resistor and a capacitor like I did on my portable, else the signal was so strong and the image was almost full white.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Member

I'm sorry that I have to bump this thread but I would like to request permission to use this guide in my app.

11. kasar

kasar Member

as for the part I made, I have no problem sharing it ^^

It has been already done on many sites including this.

12. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Member

Thanks so much.can I get a link to your site please?

13. kasar

kasar Member

14. Andy9909

Andy9909 Member

Hey Tchay! First off, thank you so much for this tutorial! I know its Kasar's but with your videos it adds and helps with the understanding! However I have on question, from what I understand for the controller wiring it says you need two official controllers and cut the a,b,x,y buttons etc... From Ashens GameCube controller cutting tutorial couldn't you just use the one controller and cut the a,b,x,y from that controller?

15. Zenkyle91

Zenkyle91 Newb

On step 5 when you trim the mobo it looks like you go through the half the connections for the controller port. Then later on when you explain how to wire the controller you connect to pins that are no longer there. I followed the tut as close to yours as possible and I don't understand how you wore to those pins you cut off. Did I brick my gamecube?? Any help would be greatly appreciated

16. ninjanewt

ninjanewt Newb

the 4 disk drive mod pages are not working, could you fix them or insert them into the actual guide?

17. ignika98

ignika98 Member

Is it just me or are a lot of the images not working. All I get is a picture of a frog that says "click here to discover imageshack".

18. Tchay

Tchay Frequent Poster

Sorry about that! A lot of these images are on other peoples' image hosting accounts, so when that individual decides to remove the image or their account gets deleted, the image goes bye bye.

I went back through the whole guide and fixed broken image links and removed other ones. Thanks for pointing it out.

19. Jbiere

Jbiere Newb

This is great! Thank you so much man! This is going to be an awesome learning and understanding project i can't wait to start! When i make this im playing Super Mario Sunshine anyone else think that's the best Mario game there is?

20. Ampz

Ampz Active Member

That game is so underated it deserves more respect