Introductions/Meet-and-Greet

Discussion in 'Forum 47' started by samjc3, Jun 13, 2009.

1. mcrstp

mcrstp Member

same. i was in another life, being an irresponsible college student. thank god that's over with lol. it's nice to see a bunch of familiar names.

2. grossaffe

grossaffe President Groosevelt Staff Member

Yeah, MR split off from BH while I was an irresponsible college student. Now I'm an irresponsible college grad.

3. Prog

Prog Not a Meme™ Staff Member

Probably doesn't help that they were down for several consecutive months.

4. mcrstp

mcrstp Member

i stopped visiting the site (benheck) around 2009 iirc. i remember brian had coordinated the mgc benheck suite that year and it was the last time i remember actively visiting the forum. the portables of doom guys still go every year but we coordinate via a facebook chat group, now. lol

well i dropped out of college. i hope grad school is going well for you!

edit: i read your reply wrong. i hope your graduation went well and you found a good job!

5. laingsoft

laingsoft Formerly SteamDNT

Modretro split from Benheck when I was in Grade 8.

I am graduating from with a B.sc in a year. That was like what, 8 years ago?

6. Prog

Prog Not a Meme™ Staff Member

The official date that we celebrate is June 1, 2009, tho SS redid the install the next day to make Palmer the first member instead of himself or ßeta or jjhammerstein or something

7. bentendo64

bentendo64 Active Member

If I remember correctly, when MR first started, they sent you your password over email. Then they said we got hacked and had to change passwords and stuff. Good times. Then by the next year, BH was basically dead.

8. Zero

Zero ModRetro Legend Administrator

I don't think we ever sent plaintext passwords over email simply because that's not only really stupid but also not really possible since phpbb encrypts it.

9. bentendo64

bentendo64 Active Member

Ah, then I guess it was BenHeck. My memory is starting to fade. :)

10. Radiance

Radiance Newb

Hi modretro!
    I'm from California, and in my mid 20's.
    Recently I've taken to tinkering with electronics to keep my brain from shriveling up and dying, as post university life hasn't been too mentally stimulating.

So far, I've mostly been doing refurbishment or simple screen mods on old handhelds. I've fixed up a bunch of gameboy advances, and added backlit screens to them, gameboy pocket backlights, repaired a PSP, a Sega Game Gear, and am currently working on a Sega Nomad.

Not completed any real in depth mods yet, but that GameCube Lynx portable is really inspiring! Between learning about resin casting parts, rgb output mods, LCD inputs, and electronics in general, there's a lot to learn!

Hope someday I have something cool to show, but for now I'm absorbing info and developing a solid foundation before I try anything too drastic.