Info regarding NFC and Amiibo

Shank

Formerly Known As Dyxlesci
I have been searching the internet regarding information on wether the amiibo NFC info can be duplicated to NFC tags, and read by those instead of using the figures. Most search results are simply the masses of miiverse spouting cancer on websites like gamefaqs.

Can someone more informed on NFC fill me in on wether or not this is possible? Not interested in modifying the code or stats or anything, just information regarding duplicating it onto a tag.

Cloning the NFC tags in the figurines is sorta like piracy (call it backups if you want, same thing), and that's why people try to stay away from NFC duplication nowadays which is probably why you can't find anything from searching. I remember when the first Skylanders game came out someone actually got the game to accept some custom tags where he could reprogram it for different characters. Long story short, TFB caught wind of what the guy was doing and shut him down. They probably thought that once people can do that there's nothing stopping them from mass-producing cheap clones of the figurines. So I guess if you wanna do it don't be loud about it, or just play it safe.

I mean would it be as easy as buying a bunch of rewritable tags and just using an app on my (android) phone to copy paste or is there more to it than that?

I'm sure Nintendo's done their homework on NFC and encrypted all the data/data transfer. They probably can't be read by normal NFC readers too, but I guess you can try.

Back