I'm working on something

ShockSlayer said:
No it's not. You are retarded and will fail at everything.

:sscool:

SS

THAT HURT MY TOE!!!

Do not underestimate me before you have seen my work. The case is alredy made and it is
actualy very clean :eek:

No, seriously, wiring up an entire GCp is harder than making the case.

Even dumbflaxs like you can make a case, it takes more skill to properly rewire the GC correctly.

SS

ShockSlayer said:

Even dumbflaxs like you can make a case, it takes more skill to properly rewire the GC correctly.

SS

Wiring up a GCp is easy with ffc extensions.

Seriously my case took 40 hours or so, my wiring took less than 10 for EVERYTHING (including all the controller stuff). I mean what's so hard. On a GC with the built in regulator you have 12v in and ground, a few controller wires, audio/video, heck even the memory card is easy.

But then again soldering is getting quite easy for me now, but getting these cases looking good is still a pain. :gonk:

ShockSlayer said:

SS
Why do you have something against Nintendott? He may be a noob, but not an asshole or anything.

J.D said:
ShockSlayer said:

SS
Why do you have something against Nintendott? He may be a noob, but not an iostream.h or anything.

Yeah SS. Are you trying to be a dic or is this an inside joke? :confused:

10 hours to wire up the GC, wow.... I have spent like a hundred times that on my n64/GBA. But, the good news is my case probably took about 40 too.

ShockSlayer said:

Depends on one's standards of a case :dahroll:

I don't think it is very hard to wire up a GCp as long as you don't go *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing around with the Disk Drive. That's the Sega.

It's the disk drive, honestly. Also, you can easily extend the spinner and the laser, but as far as the board itself, not easy. Especially to those resistors. And, even then, The controllers Heck to work with too, considering its not nearly as straight forward as, say, an n64 controller.

Also: case = sanding epoxy/bondo + a bit of cutting with the dremel, which is very straight forward. An electric sander with multiple grits, and a good high speed dremel is all you need. Sure, you can be very slow with it, and take your time, but with the proper tools: 10 hours of work = 40 hours of work, and it's impossible to tell the difference. It's not comparable to working with the electronics. Think of it like this, which is more likely? Banditpaw1 making a slim, nice case, or wiring a cartslot directly to an N64's RCP? :confused:

Anyways, I have nothing against nintendott. I was calling palmer a dumbflax. ;) And I have no reason to assume that nintendott is telling the truth until I see something tangible.

And, I'm allowed to get tired of his "hay look I'm jsut as gewd as yoo! :dah:" attitude.

+1 self-threadjacking.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
A hob gobbled mess of god knows what. :p

AH well, good luck.

SS

There you go :D

Thank you!

Anyways, this was your topic so i won't bother you more telling about mine.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TO!

ShockSlayer said:
Also: case = sanding epoxy/bondo + a bit of cutting with the dremel, which is very straight forward. An electric sander with multiple grits, and a good high speed dremel is all you need. Sure, you can be very slow with it, and take your time, but with the proper tools: 10 hours of work = 40 hours of work, and it's impossible to tell the difference. It's not comparable to working with the electronics.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this is why your cases don't turn out so good :)

There is no way using an electric sander or dremel will get you as good a case as hand sanding. It's the ability to feel the flaws, the high spots and low spots , through the sandpaper that makes it where you get a smooth case. With electric tools you wind up grinding to much off or not enough.

Back