I'm entering the race: SonyQrios µGC Worklog

remember when some of us said it wasn't that easy?

joke appart, I'm sorry for you man, I can't wait to see this completed

Thanks. I'll do my best. :D

I know my board is fine, it's just annoying because I can't find the short. Ugh.

-SQ

Don't worry Sony you will figure this out, I know you can. You have come all this way, faced harder problems than this, and it turned out just beautiful. That short is nothing compared to your whole journey. Good luck and I know you will get it working.

Hey Sony! Good Luck man!!!! You Can you can you can!!!!!!
You are encouraged to not run, because the work is already done!
I/We believe in you. ;)

HA

You see, none of this would have just happened if you had finished it a year ago when you said you were nearly done.

Don't worry though, we know you can probably maybe finish this some day. I believe in you, just like I believe in the Black Mesa project. <3

Sony, for the record, this is part of the process.

The Envision had a few shorting issues as I closed her up. Thankfully it didn't take that long to fix because I taped EVERYTHING.

The more OCD you are about using electrical tape, the better off you are. You simply HAVE to tape EVERYTHING.

Also, don't wait to test it until its all screwed in. Close it halfway, test it, then close it 75%, test it, and then close it ALL THE WAY, and do one final test. Then play a game for like 6 hours straight. If it still works after that with no problems, you can call it finished ;)

Tchay said:
Sony, for the record, this is part of the process.

The Envision had a few shorting issues as I closed her up. Thankfully it didn't take that long to fix because I taped EVERYTHING.

The more OCD you are about using electrical tape, the better off you are. You simply HAVE to tape EVERYTHING.

Also, don't wait to test it until its all screwed in. Close it halfway, test it, then close it 75%, test it, and then close it ALL THE WAY, and do one final test. Then play a game for like 6 hours straight. If it still works after that with no problems, you can call it finished ;)

I FULLY agree with tchay, through I have yet to experiance this step myself yet,
It is important to do this, through my case is just stick on the back and add the four screws in.

And Eletrical tape or PVC is my favourate tape to use for such delicate stuff, works like a charm :)

Sony, your portable is awesome, hope all goes well and you finish it :)

goodluck dude :)
We're all with you :)

I noticed you are using the 3DS analogue sliders; they have 4 pins and the gamecube analogues have 6, can you post a diagram what the pinout conversion is?

finisheddiagram.png

wiring_stick_2_engadget_howto-1.jpg

You'll need to input somewhere between 3.5-4v on the 3DS stick voltage input line to get proper range. Play around with it a bit.

Also, we should probably stop threadjacking Qrio's highly productive worklog.

I thought you said that somewhere.
Thanks for clearing it up.
Sony! Get to work!

Back