Humble THQ Bundle

Just bought it. Wasn't sure if Saints Row was worth the extra money, but I went ahead and paid it in case the average went up.

This isn't really indie at all though, I'd be pissed if it wasn't such a great deal.

What's to be pissed about? Cheap games is always nice. Especially if you pay £3 and gets Saints Row.

Sucks that it's not DRM Free. But at least I can know that I just gave all that money to charity.

Yeah, the DRM thing goes against their whole philosophy, but whatever. I just did the same thing geb did and gave all the money to charity. Everyone is allowed to sell out once, right?

This isn't the humble bundle I've come to love and respect. DRM laden, not indie, and no Linux version? May as well be the Steam THQ Bundle.
I'll pass.

Why don't they have the stats for the average paid by different OS users? :trollface:

I gave THQ a good chunk of my donation to thank them for putting their games out like this. I agree that indie games should be the focus of the Humble Bundle, but having these "more popular" games occasionally will probably end up attracting more people to the indie bundles.

vskid3 said:
Why don't they have the stats for the average paid by different OS users? :trollface:

I gave THQ a good chunk of my donation to thank them for putting their games out like this. I agree that indie games should be the focus of the Humble Bundle, but having these "more popular" games occasionally will probably end up attracting more people to the indie bundles.
If the "more popular" games followed the rest of the humble bundle's philosophy (DRM free and native support for Windows, Mac and Linux), then I'd be more forgiving.

Zero said:
This isn't really indie at all though, I'd be pissed if it wasn't such a great deal.
To be fair, I don't think they even mention the word indie in reference to this bundle.

They don't yeah, but you pretty much expect it to be an indie bundle since it's all they've done in the past.

Who gives a flax if it's Steam or Windows only? It's games, and cheap. So what if they are 'sell-outs'?

I got Saints Row 3 for less than $6. I don't even give a flax if they're sellouts.

Back