How to make Game Boy Cassette Cases

Discussion in 'Cases' started by Noah, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Noah

Noah Frequent Poster

The original thread is here.
    Are you tired of having loose game cartridges everywhere? Isn't it frustrating when you have no where to put them? Well, g0sub from The Cover Project has a solution for you!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MATERIALS NEEDED
    Game Boy Cartridge
    Colored Printer
    Clear cassette case
    Paper of your choice (I prefer semi-glossy)
    Dremel/Other power tool for cutting plastic

1. Cut the pivots off of the case, there are two of them on the inside.

2. Download and print your game cover

3. Enjoy the neatness.

4. (Optional) You can put the game into a Nintendo plastic case, and then put it into your case.

Here are the game covers:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?te5bxobm024c4
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zl5rad4gaacsi

PRINTING INSTRUCTIONS:
    Make sure that you set the printing to scale of 100% that makes them print out in intented size USUALLY.

That suggests that you have some kind of "strech to fit on to page as big as possible" setting on.

Try this in windows 7 (other versions as well) Paint:

USE LEGAL SIZE PAPER (OR A4 IF EUROPEAN)

Go to print -> page settings.

Choose Legal as your paper size (or A4 if you are European) and put autocentering on (both vertical and horizontal) adjust borders to minimum and choose scaling of 100% (this makes sure that the print-out is actual size).
    And check from print preview that the cover fits to the paper, as there are some covers that have dimensions screwed and they will try to print on to 9 separate papers (these can be printed by choosing scaling of 32%)

That should work.

ALSO: If you are using letter size, print to a scale of 24%.

2. nterror

nterror Well-Known Member

... those are *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing sweet. Will do once cassette cases are acquired.

3. Noah

Noah Frequent Poster

Yeah they are nice, I've only made 2 myself, but you can get about 50 of them for $35 or 25 for $20 on eBay.

4. Zero

Zero ModRetro Legend Administrator

I looked into organizing my games a while back, and I was just going to use DS cases for Gameboy games, but Dang this looks really nice as well.

5. Noah

Noah Frequent Poster

Yeah, they are a lot cleaner than all of the DS cases I've seen.

6. Hi Noah...I love this ideal,so when I went to the link for the gameboy cassette covers,I thought that was awsome,is there any way to get a link like that for gameboy advance and gameboy colour cassette covers,I would like to do all mine like that but only see the gameboy ones.....that would be awsome if you could help...Thanx