How to make a custom case?

grodion

Hey guys I'm totally new here. I watched sockslayer's video on youtube with the gc portable and I became very interested. Im planing on making one myself over the summer and I have most parts like the lcd screen and controllers and what not, but im not too sure on what to do about the case. I was thinking of ordering the Zn-40 off of polycase.com, but im not sure if that'll fit the mobo. Im using the revision C board. So I was wondering if there was any way to create my own case, like if wood would be good, or if I would be better off cutting off the maximum amount possible and then rewiring the power regulator, or maybe making my own 3d printer and then printing myself a case? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Okay thanks. But just out of curiosity, has there been anyone that made a case out of wood or anything that ended up good?

I actually had a rev C for my portable too and i found tinkercad to be pretty simple and helpful to use if you want a completely custom case (i used it in conjunction with adobe illustrator). Its this online 3d design program which you can use to design a 3d model of your case then export the design file to a 3d printer after. Also, for 3d printing, try searching makexyz.com for a printer near your location for cheap prices since 3d printing can be pretty expensive sometimes :)

Back