How to get free samples?

nass95100

Hi, Im' actually doing a gamecube portable and I was planning to use some custom regulator to power it on lower voltage. But, to dit, nieed to buy some components on texas instruments' website but I have heard that we can get free samples of them and that'd be great because if i don't get them for free it'll cost me around 50$ . If someone could tell me how to do this it'll be very nice.

nass95100 said:
Hi, Im' actually doing a gamecube portable and I was planning to use some custom regulator to power it on lower voltage. But, to dit, nieed to buy some components on texas instruments' website but I have heard that we can get free samples of them and that'd be great because if i don't get them for free it'll cost me around 50$ . If someone could tell me how to do this it'll be very nice.

if you get em for free you wont respect em, you might wire improperly and blow em up...
if you pay for em then you will be more cautious and at least triple check the diagrams before you blow em up...

The info is on their website, read about the samples and it tells you everything you need to know.

megalomaniac said:
if you get em for free you wont respect em, you might wire improperly and blow em up...
if you pay for em then you will be more cautious and at least triple check the diagrams before you blow em up...

1. I won't
2. 50$ man, who wants to spend 50$ when you can get them for free seriously (50$ except shipping rate, and I live in france so the shipping will not be that cheap) . For 50$ you're not telling yourself "nah I'll pay because otherwise I won't respect the product"

They might decline the offer, then try again with a different email address. My gmail address was declined, but the address I got through school worked fine.

It's possible that those product samples have been retired, they are a bit dated. There are hundreds of types of switching regulators out there, just not that many prebuilt with just a configurable resistor. But there are other websites you can get them. And if you're doing a regulator for a custom gamecube there's only a 2 regulator minimum if you're using a 7.4v battery pack. which is about $23 from mouser.com.

But I understand that they might not ship to france or it would be expensive. But definitely try shopping around. The PTH series regulators are definitely not the only ones out there.

Back