How many layers is the psOne?

themadhacker

Crazy Train
I need to know this. If it is only two layers, I can easily fit it inside an Ag-85. If it has hidden layers, then I am screwed.

As far as I know, it has hidden layers but it is safe to cut off the grounding area around the perimeter of the board. Don't quote me on that though. Of course, it may only be 2 layer. For a long time it was thought the Dreamcast was multi-layer, but Bactebyte found out that one revision is only 2 layer. And for a while people thought the N64 was 4-layer. Then again, I could be totally wrong and you will destroy your PSone.

well Sam thornley told me that he doesn't think it has hidden layers, and holding it up to the light, I can see through it.

well waddya know? i was (and am) planning this same thing. as soon as my new psone's arrive, im gonna slice one in half and see what can be done. also, if theres a way to check, i have two dead psones to check on. (esd death :gonk: ) :awesome:

themadhacker said:
chop the dead psone in half and see if there are any other layers.
i did it, and it looks to be two layers. but i cant quite tell.
lemme check with a magnifying ocular device......

(3 minutes later) yep. 2 layers. :awesome:

Psone's are like onions Donkey, they have layers.

What about a parfait Shrek? Are Psone's like a parfait, everyone loves a parfait.

No Donkey , Psones, are like onions....they have layers.

hailrazer said:
Psone's are like onions Donkey, they have layers.

What about a parfait Shrek? Are Psone's like a parfait, everyone loves a parfait.

No Donkey , Psones, are like onions....they have layers.

I lol'd. I had that movie near memorized at one point. XD

samjc3 said:
themadhacker said:
in other words, I can not fit it in an ag-85.

Dang.
why not? you just need to connect the traces on both sides of the mobo. ;)

nevermind. I didn't see your post and saw hailraizer's. I thought that he was telling me that there are hidden layers.

I was talkin about the playstation, not the lcd, and by multilayer, I just meant hidden traces. You know what I meant.

themadhacker said:
I was talkin about the playstation, not the lcd, and by multilayer, I just meant hidden traces. You know what I meant.

That's what I said Psone. Not Psone Lcd, haha you didn't quote me so there's no proof :p

I think there are Just the two layers which are Front and back. I would say the PCB is too thin for a third hidden layer. I've got a spare PS one board in front of me now, holding it up to the light I can see right through it. Anyway I can't see any hidden layers in that.

jackbency said:
I think there are Just the two layers which are Front and back. I would say the PCB is too thin for a third hidden layer. I've got a spare PS one board in front of me now, holding it up to the light I can see right through it. Anyway I can't see any hidden layers in that.
This, basically.

nice bump thar jack. though on topic, so whatever.

let it be known that i will be attempting this (folding the board) soon. i will post my results.

Back