Homemade CNC Machine

Discussion in 'CNC' started by Spiicyice, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Spiicyice

Spiicyice Active Member

So if you guys have read my thread about some of the stuff I have so far for my portables; or not, here it is: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11786
    I would like to make quite a few portables, and I'm sure like anyone, I would like them to be really polished and crisp!

So since I have acquired quite quite a few cases, I think that I want to make a CNC Machine that way the button holes and the screen holes are perfect! I will most likely try and find an online tutorial, I found one the other day that had all of the designs that you can print out or something. Then you can just lay the designs down; printed of course! Over a piece of MDF board or anything really, and then just cut them out!

Here is a link: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... aply-and-/

You can also get the pieces cut by a laser machine, another CNC machine or some other method, because I believe the files are in the instructable.

If I decide to change my mind about cutting everything and building the whole thing using the instructable, I will probably just buy a kit online. I will most likely stick with the more DIY approach, as it seems more rewarding, as well as cheaper! There are plenty of guides out there, but I think I will stick with this one. The instructions are pretty good, and it clearly states all of the parts required.

Anyways, that is way too many words, I will be posting more pictures of my progress next time. Hopefully.

Spiicy

2. megalomaniac

megalomaniac Well-Known Member

broken link

3. Spiicyice

Spiicyice Active Member

Thanks