hey guys I want to make a portable dreamcast

chao4

Hey guys, i want to make a portable dreamcast that has a headphone jack,and a port that connects to a television. This will be my first mod and I barely have any experince with electronics. Can you guys post some articles and a list of equipment I will need for this project. Don't forget to give me some schematics for this project. If any of you guys are friends with shockslayer ,Hailrazer,moddedbybacteria can you ask them to give me some help. Also remember I barely have any knowledge about this project so please try to teach me all the basics I need for this project.

chao4 said:
This will be my first mod and I barely have any experince with electronics.

Don't do a Dreamcast, then. Dreamcasts are extremely difficult to portablize and having no experience will ensure your failure.

Go with something simpler like a NES or a SNES.

Well, NES and SNES are simplest, but an N64 is a step up and Gamecube another. If you think you can handle it, you could do an N64.

With BARELY any electronics experience, you will probably struggle a bit with N64, but it's more than possible. We have a lot of guides for N64 and a lot of people experienced with N64s around here.

N64 is so easy it isn't even funny.

Aren't you the guy that asked me to build a portable DC on YouTube?

I had zero experience with electronics other than basic knowledge of circuitry that I learned in physics last year, and I made a portable gamecube. It wasn't good, but it's possible. If you accept that you will make lots of frustrating and often expensive mistakes, and you're able to figure things out on your own rather than trying to be spoon fed, I think you should go for it. But read everything. Everything. Old worklogs, all guides and megastickies, and peoples questions. Even if what you're reading doesn't have anything to do with the dreamcast. You will learn lots of techniques and gain valuable info. It will be time consuming, but this is definitely do-able.

bud said:
N64 is so easy it isn't even funny.

Aren't you the guy that asked me to build a portable DC on YouTube?
whats the name of your channel ?I may have commented on it

Back