Help me out.

Caredo

So, we're all aware of the tremendous heat the DMG gives off, correct? That's why I want to water-cool it. However, I've got no DMG to reference and even if I did, I wouldn't know what parts give off the most heat (it's all like one big oven to me). Unless I know where to have the water flow, this idea will fail. That's where you come in. Help me figure out the layout of this cooling system.

I also need a tiny pump for it. Any idea what the smallest would be and what its voltage is?

The DMG gives off tremendous heat? or were you being sarcastic? I can't tell, I've never used a DMG

Can't really give you many suggestions, but use a clear case. That would look cool.

Tiny pump

Even that may be too big. I think your head is in the clouds. does the DMG have heat sinks? You might want to think about those first. How about a small fan?

Let's not focus on the fact that the DMG can melt its own plastic casing and work on how I should get this thing hooked up. I'm thinking the pump should be on the outside for easy access, and have tubing running through the case circulating water.

Gameboy.jpg

J.D said:
Argelfraster said:
What is a DMG?
[strike]Dot Matrix Game[/strike] Da Massive Gameboy, otherwise known as the GAMEBOY.

:p

In all seriousness, that pump will do you no good. It requires at least 12V, but more importantly it needs AC, not DC.

Why would you want to watercool a gameboy anyway?

XCVG said:
J.D said:
Argelfraster said:
What is a DMG?
Dot Matrix Game Da Massive Gameboy, otherwise known as the GAMEBOY.

:p

In all seriousness, that pump will do you no good. It requires at least 12V, but more importantly it needs AC, not DC.

Why would you want to watercool a gameboy anyway?
It's common knowledge that the DMG gives off more than 100F at times. A water cooling system is necessary.

Now then, enough asking me why, this thread is to help with the how.

eurddrue said:
Put in some bigger copper heatsinks with fins. A water pump system is not necessary.
Please read what you've just written, look at what handheld I want to do this to, then, facepalm at yourself as hard as you can.

Well here's my thoughts on this.

A setup this small is going to need to be mostly custom.
Virtually no off the shelf parts will work with this idea.
Before you even begin to look at pumps or reservoirs, I think you should establish your blocks.

How are you gonna do your water-blocks?
Nothing off-the-shelf will work for this.
Even with extreme modification of little chipset coolers, they'll still be quite large, and very heavy (in respect to a handheld).

I've my own thoughts on constructing small, simple water-blocks, but I'll keep it to myself for now, until I've thought it through completely.

Also, any plans on your cooling fluid?
Obviously water-cooling is just a term. (I know you knew this Caredo, I'm just leaving this hsenroe fwopr tehne ngouoibns.)
Mineral Oil is a classic, and it was my first thought.

I have a super awesome better idea. Make a mineral oil DMG. Screw the toobz, just plug it's holes and fill it up! :awesome:

Damnit, Beta beat me. :awesome:

Get a clear DMG and fill with mineral oil, put a small clear blue LED fan in there to circulate it, if you want.

It will be the ultimate overkill cooling system.

PalmerTech said:
Damnit, Beta beat me. :awesome:

Get a clear DMG and fill with mineral oil, put a small clear blue LED fan in there to circulate it, if you want.

It will be the ultimate overkill cooling system.
do it! :awesome:

I'd have issues with sound. Plus I'd need a seamless, clear case for it to work. Just melting a clear case together is going to make the thing ugly.

So I guess liquid cooling is a no-go for such a small system. At least, it if I want to do this without making my own parts. Thanks anyway.

Back