Help finding a case for my portable?

Rory

Newb
Hi all.
First time poster.

Recently i came into ownership of 3 gamecubes. God knows what i was going to do with them all so i took it upon myself to look into making a portable. Anyway i think i have a good idea on what i need to do and all the parts i need. I know how to solder and I built my current PC which might be applicable to some degree in fiddling with components inside the GC and what not. I have began collating all the necessary tools and parts (gamebit screwdriver, dremel etc...) but the only issue i am having is sourcing an appropriate shell to store the finished portable in. Can anyone give me some suggestions and ideas?

my initial thoughts where to do the same as Akiras Varia-Cube (for those that dont know
) and find myself a gamecube ascii keyboard and cut it to size but unfortunately i cant seem to source one of those keyboards for anything under £50 - £60. and at the moment im not prepared to shed that kinda money on my first portable build. My second thought was to put the thing in a Tupperware container but i feel like the ergonomics of the device would suffer as a result. My final thought was to buy a broken wii u gamepad and just gut it completely and go from there.

Basically im at a bit of a loss at where to begin looking for a shell for this thing and i was hoping you guys could point me in the direction of either some good websites to purchase some kind of plastic shell or provide some ideas from other peoples builds and experience.

Sorry for the lengthy post by the way but i hope you understand where i am coming from.

EDIT

didnt realise this forum embedded youtube videos XD. cant be *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed fixing the formatting.

have you had a look in to any of the wii u protective shells I know some people had some luck with them. couldn't link you as I haven't looked in to them myself I just bought the keyboard pretty sure I might have been talking to you in the YouTube comments a while back no? my names A link to the past.

Back