Help Appreciated "Where to go from here"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WesternBeast, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Hello and thank you for reading the post

Im a brand new user and brand new to making portables. So let me go ahead and start, I have a ps1 (chubster) scph-7501 that I have disassembled, I have two spare ps3 controllers, One is disassembled and the other is still intact, I also have the screen of a nice 7' screen from a JWin portable dvd player ( A JD-VD760 model, for reference) with the soundboard(?) and speakers still attached. So far i have looked at the threads for research and learned that the fat models need to lines of power , 3.5 v and 7.4 v but not much after in terms of actual assembly. I do not own a soldering iron yet because this is literally my first day trying my hand at electronics. But anyway I would appreciate some tips and maybe a step by step if that isn't too much to ask. If you do give me a step by step you only need to go as far as getting everything connected and powered, I can try getting the case done on my own , but i am concerned about the compatibility of the ps3 controller.

Anyway thank you very much for the read , Pics should be below :D

ps: both controllers were "broken" but my cousin didn't realize they actually worked fine in terms of buttons and board, they were just missing buttons :awesome:

[​IMG][/url][/img]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DK

DK Donkey>King

A ps3 controller won't work with a ps1.....

3. watsug

watsug Well-Known Member

4. Mawile

Mawile Member

Hi, Mawile here.

Here is my guide if you still want information on this.