Heavily modded PS1 console project

Right here's a little update. Thanks to your guys advice on how to dim the LED's down I bought a 2K variable resistor and installed it into the circuit, I also put both LED's into the same circuit so they would be the exact same brightness and it worked a treat! They are much dimmer and look loads better now.

:D

I also had a better idea for making the wireless controller. My original plan was to get the guts of the Sony controller into the shell of the cheap one, but this proved to be a lot harder than expected as it was difficult to get the boards for the shoulder buttons to fit as well as loads of other issues. So I had a much better idea, All I am now using from the cheap controller is the mother board and the thumb stick board the rest is all Sony parts including the shell. The mother board fits almost perfectly into Sony shell after a little cutting and sanding as pictured below:

I found this in my room which I am now going to use for the power source:

After a bit of cutting to the shell i will be able to fit the battery holder in like this:

All I have left to do on the controller is solder the Sony rumble packs on, solder the right shoulder button board on, swap the cheap stiff thumb stick modules for good quality Sony ones, get the battery fitted then its done! Then I will paint it and add blue power LED's to finish it off! :)

I think I will start painting it in about a week or so and that's when it will really start coming together and looking good. I'll get back to you guys soon!

:)

Back