HD Wireless Video Interface - Planning

lexxion83

Hello all,

So, after completing my standard Wireless Video Interface (Composite + L/R Audio) I was thinking of doing a HD Wireless Video Interface. I started to plan a little bit and this is what I came up with so far:

1. HD2133 HDMI to VGA and 3.5mm Audio Converter $42.20
2. HP Wireless TV Connect with WHDI $129.99
3. LCD Controller Board $29.99
4. LCD Screen 1280x768 10.6-inch (Supported by Xbox 360) $34.99
5. Wireless Xbox 360 Controller $39.99

Subtotal: $277.16

The price includes everything Brand New. Of course it will be higher because of other stuff but there is no heavy modding of hardware.

Little ASCII Schematic:

- HP Wireless HD - <---- HDMI Male-To-Male ----> - HDMI to VGA Converter - <---- VGA Male-To-Male ----> - LCD Controller Board - and - L/R Audio -

The whole will be powered via Outlet as you will not get a good battery life (12V required because of LCD controller board) but who cares. I rather take HD quality over battery :)

One can either make a handheld (It will NOT be heavy as parts are light and small) or put it in a nice laptop form. Either way it will be nice. The screen's resolution is supported by Xbox 360 VGA resolution output. You will get Pixel perfect image.

This HD wireless interface will play nice with either Xbox 360 or PS3.

Money is not an option as I can buy this, BUT... yes, but my Wife would not let me unless I make it and sell it to make profit :)-

It would be nice if anyone would like to try this build.

I have all the links to the correct products.

I think you are right. For whatever reason I thought the wired controller only gets power 5v through usb. I will update the list :)

Thanks.

Back