Hard modded Saturn Contoller for DC?

Hardak

Newb
I have searched and searched and searched and I can't find anything even close to what I'm looking for. I am looking for a tutorial on how to mod a Sega Saturn controller to work on a Sega Dreamcast.
I am not interested in converters. I just want to know if there is a tutorial out there or someone who did it before. I don't want an ASCII pad or an arcade pad.
In my opinion the Sega Saturn controllers are the best for 2D fighting games.
If someone can help, please do!
I have 4 spare Sega Saturn controllers I am willing to test this mod on. I also have tons of Dreamcast controllers for trial and error runs.

PLEASE HELP!!!

You could just butcher a dreamcast controller and wire it up to the buttons on the inside of a saturn controller. Should be a pretty easy mod.

I was wanting to use the chord from the dreamcast controller and connect it to a saturn controller so I could use the saturn controller on the dreamcast.

I could not find any diagrams anywhere for dreamcast controllers or saturn controllers for me to even attempt this yet.

Open up a dreamcast controller and trace it yourself. Or you could commission someone to do it all for you if you have money to burn.

Modding it so it would do...what exactly?
Um, I know this is in the wrong subject, but is it a good idea to try and restore or improve a desktop that's already really old, or is it a project that I should just not take on? Dell, Windows XP, like 2004.

So he could use a Saturn controller on the Dreamcast, probably for those VS games that are not tailored for the Dreamcast controller at all.

And, make your own thread for your own query.

Back